Looking for a good Lefty 9mm on a budget...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good all lefty or ambidextrous 9mm for home defense/CCW. I've looked at some ambi models by HK and FN, but they are a bit pricey. Looking to spend around $500. Any suggestions? Thanks.

No one can tell you what you like :wink2:

Go to a store or several and put your mitts on as many as you can get. Narrow your list down to what fits your liking and budget. Take a note pad and take notes, if they see you doing that, they'll usually be more receptive of you asking to see a lot. Plus I personally need reminders.

Then after you see what you like, its time to go to the net to see how the guns on your list. Don't just take the sales clerks word, I hear some either push what helps their bottom line or what they personally like best. And believe it or not, many gun store clerks are not qualified to be in their position :D

This guy is a good source.

my criteria:

1. cycle performance (reliability)
2. quality of fit & finish (make rep)
3. Hand fit (feel & natural aim point)
4. budget

Unless you're under physical threat and need protection NOW, make budget your last requirement.

Last edited:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one can tell you what you like :wink2:

Go to a store or several and put your mitts on as many as you can get. Narrow your list down to what fits your liking and budget. Take a note pad and take notes, if they see you doing that, they'll usually be more receptive of you asking to see a lot. Plus I personally need reminders.

Then after you see what you like, its time to go to the net to see how the guns on your list. Don't just take the sales clerks word, I hear some either push what helps their bottom line or what they personally like best. And believe it or not, many gun store clerks are not qualified to be in their position :D

This guy is a good source.

my criteria:

1. cycle performance (reliability)
2. quality of fit & finish (make rep)
3. Hand fit (feel & natural aim point)
4. budget

Unless you're under physical threat and need protection NOW, make budget your last requirement.

Good advise here....8)

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Handled a VP9 today. It would be my choice. At $599 it's close enough in price to a new Glock or Springfield that I don't see the difference as enough to worry about. I'm a righty, but it seemed much better for lefties with the slide and mag releases than the others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, us lefties are really smart!!! LOL!

Do lefties sleep at Holiday Inn? Do they have left handed beds?

Both of my sons are lefties. One has a Springfield XD, the other has a Ruger GP100.

Charter Arms makes a true left handed revolver too. It might be worth a look.

Latest posts

Top Bottom