Looking for a Yorkie breeder.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys I have and would adopt a dog in a heartbeat if I didn't have small kids at home. I have tried adopting and have even been a foster home before but with small children there are to many unknowns when bringing a dog like that into your home. I know there are lots of people who adopt dogs and have no problems. Unfortunately I have had several bad experiences with animals that were said to be fine around children and other animals that turned out not to be. I will adopt a dog again some day when my children are older but for now that is off the table.

Greengiant, I will be sending you a PM

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys I have and would adopt a dog in a heartbeat if I didn't have small kids at home. I have tried adopting and have even been a foster home before but with small children there are to many unknowns when bringing a dog like that into your home. I know there are lots of people who adopt dogs and have no problems. Unfortunately I have had several bad experiences with animals that were said to be fine around children and other animals that turned out not to be. I will adopt a dog again some day when my children are older but for now that is off the table.

Greengiant, I will be sending you a PM

9 times out of 10 if a dog bites it's the owner's fault in one if not several ways. Getting a dog from a breeder in lieu of rescue won't guarantee anything, nor decrease your chances of having a bite. Not that Yorkies are a significant problem IMO.

Now I know I'm not gonna change your mind, however I will say that lots of rescue organizations come across VERY young litters or pregnant small dogs all the time. In which you'd probably be taking a dog at the same time from a rescue as a breeder in many situations I've seen lately. Couldn't hurt to look around anyways.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
9 times out of 10 if a dog bites it's the owner's fault in one if not several ways. Getting a dog from a breeder in lieu of rescue won't guarantee anything, nor decrease your chances of having a bite. Not that Yorkies are a significant problem IMO.

Now I know I'm not gonna change your mind, however I will say that lots of rescue organizations come across VERY young litters or pregnant small dogs all the time. In which you'd probably be taking a dog at the same time from a rescue as a breeder in many situations I've seen lately. Couldn't hurt to look around anyways.

The issues I had were not with bites but aggression. Either aggressive towards other dogs or young children. My biggest concern is you have no idea how the animal was treated or raised before the shelter got it. I have been checking the shelter websites and have contacted a few so i am not against talking a pup or a young dog but I am going to be very picky if I choose to adopt one.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The issues I had were not with bites but aggression.

Same difference pertaining to what I said. Either way, we have 3 rescues and every time we were adopting one they had a litter of something there so you should be able to find something pretty easily.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My fil has 2 never quite barking, brought them to my place ONCE they were not much bigger than my labs paw & they were almost greasy spots when they wanted to play with a 105 lbs dog, I tease my fil and tell him I can use them for yote bait, seriously give her what she wants everyone will be happy then

Latest posts

Top Bottom