Looking for my fathers gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvtjoker

New to the site!
Reaction score
**If this is posted in the wrong thread...please direct me to the proper thread.

LOOKING FOR MY FATHERS GUN
It is a 1965 Winchester mod. 88 .308 cal (lever action). This gun was entrusted to my brother's care by my father. My brother then gave the gun to his son who sold it to American Super Pawn on 12th Ave in Norman OK. The gun has been in my family for almost 50 years and was the gun my dad used to hunt with every year.

My dad decided not to pursue legal action so NO CRIMINAL ACTION has been filed (If it was the NPD would have contacted the shop and buyer by now)

The gun was pawned and then sold between May and August of 2013. The gun was sold to a Tulsa gun shop that American Pawn deals with on a regular basis. The gun shop in Tulsa sold the gun at a Tulsa show to a private individual. American Pawn contacted the shop in Tulsa who has the FFL record of the person who bought the rifle (hopefully that person has not transferred ownership) but informed American Pawn that they couldn't release that info...citing confidentiality

If you happen to own this gun I will pay you CURRENT MARKET VALUE plus $1500 to sell the gun back to me.

The gun is a basic Winchester mod. 88 .308 cal with a scope. There is basket work engraving on the stock before the trigger guard and on the fore stock. It may have had a faded white US Navy belt which had been modified to serve as a shoulder strap. The serial # begins with 179. The gun also has my fathers SSN carved into the inside of the stock (hidden from view). Once the gun is verified I can meet you anywhere you choose to complete the transaction.

PLEASE PRIVATE MSG ME IF YOU ARE THE CURRENT OWNER OR KNOW THE WHEREABOUTS OF THIS GUN.

JAB
Norman, OK

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope you find it. I am putting the info in my phone. I will keep an eye out for it. If I was lucky enough to find it, I would gladly give it back for what it cost me. No need for the extra.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might try to contact the pawn shop in Tulsa and see if they would attempt to contact the purchaser on your behalf. Wouldn't violate confidentiality, and might pay off.

Good luck

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand your situation as my dad's guns were lost via a very similar ordeal.
Plus the most expensive one which was also his dad's was stolen shortly before the others were sold.

I really hope you find it.
With your price offer anyone who had should feel compelled to sell it to you.
I commend you on what you're doing and wish you all the luck and hope I can muster.

Really sucks when family treasure aren't appreciated.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been there done that. Younger stepbrother stole and sold some rifles stored at his moms house that were his grandfathers but my stepdad owned them even though he isnt a big gun guy any more besides a few HD revolvers so he stored them over at her house. Idiot pawned them in several places in the next county over. Some were expensive some were not but all had mostly emotional value to the family. We've got one rifle back out of the 5 so far, still looking for the rest of them. Dumbass that did it works for the post office so my parents didnt want to cause him any trouble with the law and ruin his life. And my mom wont let me beat his azz. I have to look over at him next Thursday and ask him to pass me the gravy. Grrrr.

Good luck on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom