Looking for my fathers gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I would be calling the pawn shop too and asking them to call the owner. Offering them some money for their trouble and reward if they help get it back should do the trick. Going through that shop is really your best bet. I wouldn't outright tell anyone how much you want to put on top of the fair market price. I would explain the sentimental value and offer a price of 150% of the fair value. Good luck, I hope you come up with it!

pvtjoker

New to the site!
Reaction score
Just to answer a couple of questions...the rifle was sold by a pawn shop in Norman to a Tulsa Gun shop...the Tulsa gun shop then sold it at a Tulsa gun show to an individual in the Tulsa area. The pawn shop would not give me the name of the Tulsa Gun shop to ask them to contact the owner but gave me all the previous info.

I have this post on several Central Oklahoma Gun and Tulsa Gun FB sites.

My dad could have filed Embezzlement by Bailee against my brother. My dad declined to do this because it's a felony.

Oklahoma Statutes - Title 21. Chapter 59 - Section 1455 - Embezzlement by Bailee (Felony)
If any person being entrusted with any property as bailee, or with any power of attorney for the sale or transfer thereof, fraudulently converts the same or the proceeds thereof to his own use, or secretes it or them with a fraudulent intent to convert to his own use, he is guilty of embezzlement, whether he has broken the package or otherwise determined the bailment or not.

The only hope I have....since the Norman Pawn Shop will not give me the name of the Tulsa Gun Shop...is that someone who knows who bought the gun will see my ad...its a longshot...but its all I have...

Latest posts

Top Bottom