Looking for some 300 TAC-TX blacktip bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharingan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont mean to piggy back your thread.. But im looking for this projectile too.. If you find any and still see some left over.. drop me a line! lol

( Have you had the opportunity to use these bullets in any loads yet?)

Last edited:

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have three boxes of factory but have not got to test yet. From all I have read, they say this is the best bullet out there for the 300. It was designed by Barnes for the 300 blkout for expansion down to around 1200ish. I will be shooting thru a 9" AAC upper and AAC suppressor.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built a 10.2" Noveske barreled upper. This bullet is the reason I got into the 300 blackout cartridge. It exhibits ideal penetration and expansion through all common FBI testing barriers. The only problems are cost and availability.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am kinda thinking about a .300 blackout and cast lead bullets. Lead will shoot accurate and the low velocities are right for lead too?

Sharingan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am kinda thinking about a .300 blackout and cast lead bullets. Lead will shoot accurate and the low velocities are right for lead too?

I will be casting lead as well for my 8.2" barreled upper, and shooting the good stuff out of my 7.5" --

The combination of correctly hard cast lead, the size and weight of the .30 cal bullet, crimping a gas check to the lead, proper powder, and the velocity 'band' of the .300 blk makes cast bullets a pretty good choice from everything ive researched. Ive found people on boards who have been casting .30 caliber rounds for years all the way up to 2200-2600 fps.

Talked to a gentleman who has been shooting cast bullets in ARs for over 3 decades.. he said as long as you clean the rifle after you shoot it anyway, hes never had a leading issue-- even in the gas tube. Talked to others who have said the same thing (not as long mind you) but basically it seems like anyone who had issue with leading didnt clean the rifle regularly. TIFWIW.

Sorry OP didnt mean to hi-jack the thread. Ill stay on alert for these bullets as well.

Kinetics

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.southwestammunition.com/product_p/300blk110.htm

It 'SAYS' they are in stock... Ive never bought from that company.

I got some of these from them this week. have not got a chance to shoot any yet so cant comment on their performance. I did get some blacktip projectiles from powder valley a few weeks ago but i think they lasted like 45 mins on their website :P the blacktip tip is the most accurate load i have tried in my 300 to date. they work great over lil'gun or h110

Latest posts

Top Bottom