Looks Like The Dust Bowl Days, Doesn't It?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i wonder how far its going to travel oklahoma might just have some of this blow our way but trees will stop a good part of it.

The problem is that there is no trees in western Oklahoma. Western Oklahoma is nothing but dirt and tumble weeds. The trees may help for eastern Oklahoma.

kgoodrich

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ahh yes you are right I forgot about that. It's what 50 miles wide and seems to be traveling quickly Along with what ever particles it picks up with it. This might just be the next big dust bowl kind of odd with the econemy and all. Its the next great dust bowl super deprsion!

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is that there is no trees in western Oklahoma. Western Oklahoma is nothing but dirt and tumble weeds. The trees may help for eastern Oklahoma.

Well, there used to be. In fact, in the early thirties, shelter belts were planted to prevent this. Some if not many still remain and there is at least one monument to them. I am just sayin' they are still there. But one or more the farmers can only do so much if you can imagine the winds we have had the last several springs. I am just sayin' 'cause I am from there. I from my limited travels believe it is worse in Jackson, Tillman, harmon counties but there are OK Shooters here from there so they will give you a better assessment. Just what little I know.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, there used to be. In fact, in the early thirties, shelter belts were planted to prevent this. Some if not many still remain and there is at least one monument to them. I am just sayin' they are still there. But one or more the farmers can only do so much if you can imagine the winds we have had the last several springs. I am just sayin' 'cause I am from there. I from my limited travels believe it is worse in Jackson, Tillman, harmon counties but there are OK Shooters here from there so they will give you a better assessment. Just what little I know.

Yea. I grew up out there. I spent many years eating red dirt. LOL. After living in STL and Yukon, I could never move back.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much help trees will be.

During the 30's, topsoil from Oklahoma and Kansas blew all the way out into the Atlantic ocean covering ships in a quarter inch of topsoil sometimes.
Most people on the east coast didn't even believe the stories about the dust storms, until the dirt started to fall on them.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea. I grew up out there. I spent many years eating red dirt. LOL. After living in STL and Yukon, I could never move back.

Well, you are home folk! Damned' where are you from? As you can imagine. Lone Wolf, but many friends, etc., from Granite, Lone Wolf, Hobart, Gotebo, Roosevelt. Cut Wheat, plowed, mo boarded, hauled hay, etc. all over, but most are long gone. Please, tell me who you know, I probably know their people, so to speak.

Latest posts

Top Bottom