Looks like tomorrow evening could get pretty exciting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better safe than sorry. Confirmed storm cellar has all the basics. Have a grab-and-run bag with a couple of towels, Dewalt batteries, 9mm and flashlight by the door. Tried to cover up the garden as best that I could without squashing everything - I likely damaged more than the storm will cause but feel better thinking I tried! :)

Hate to even think about getting Rio down the ramp into the cellar - he was NOT excited when we had to go there last year so I carried him up/down. Now we have 2 ATV ramps that are long enough to get to the top rung of the cellar ladder and hit the floor without it being too steep. Moving blanket over the ramps and he should do fine.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I will likely have to ride out the storms in the master closet if anything goes down tonight. There ain't no way we are getting her down the steps into the storm shelter with her knee still recovering from a total knee replacement. Even less likely to be able to get her back up it. Luckily we are fully stocked up on milk, beer and Bulleit Rye, so we'll weather the storm. 😁

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I will likely have to ride out the storms in the master closet if anything goes down tonight. There ain't no way we are getting her down the steps into the storm shelter with her knee still recovering from a total knee replacement. Even less likely to be able to get her back up it. Luckily we are fully stocked up on milk, beer and Bulleit Rye, so we'll weather the storm. 😁
Thanks for the reminder....add Elijah Craig small batch to the grab-and-run bag!

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cellar is open and provisions that make the wife happy are in place. ( we could probably live down there for a week now 😆). We already had some cellar time last week with the one going right over us touching down just a mile away. Guns in the safe that are usually out except for the one on me. Goats, chickens, and LGD will have the barn and hope it doesn’t blow away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom