Lost respect for Pawn Stars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was/is a big controversy over the Mary Ford Les Paul that they bought also. In addition there have been many reports of the show being setup with things coming in for purchase. Another guitar that was brought in on an earlier episode turned out to be one that had been hanging in the Cowtown Guitars store that they use the "expert" for. The guy who brought it in also works there.

It's TV. It's not real.

Nooo, Don't tell me it's not real!!
I would tell the old man to F off real quick.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I was bored one day and researched all about Pawn Stars, American Guns, Red Jacket.....guess what? It's about 10% real and 90% total BS. Most of these amazing stories on these shows are completely fictional and it's actors and friends of a friend who wants to be on TV. I recall one show where Chumlee and Big Hoss showed an actual glimmer of intelligence and that clinched it....totally fictional.

It's all fake unless, of course, you think professional wrestling is real.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with a reality show not being "real" bu I dont feel like it should bea show for the History Channel. Pawn stars is mostly fake, the pawn shop is real though, I went there when I was in Vegas a couple years ago, and saw Chumlee and the old man there. Neither of them were working, and I didnt even recognize the guys behind the counter and everything in the cases and displays were items that you would see at any other typical pawn shop. The place seems a lot smaller and more run down than what you see on the show.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No respect for low ball offers? Its a fecking pawn shop. If you wanted to get retail or close for an item... the last place you go is a pawn shop. Wow, some of you guys...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Channel surfing one night and ran across some show about bad tenants. They had found this really over weight guy that supposedly slipped and fell in the tub while taking a shower. He was trapped there for three days according to the show. Funny thing is there was a pile of food takeout boxes close to the tub in half the shots, in others they were not there.

Now for reality comedy, I give you Big Juicy.

http://www.trutv.com/video/all-worked-up/big-juicy-love.html

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pawn Stars is entertainment; no more, no less. Like most "reality" shows, it's all setup and scripted beforehand. I know which episode the OP is referring to with the Coke machine.

My son likes to watch it and I use it as a reality check on him thinking that just because he has a book that says some Pokemon card or whatever is worth x amount, it really comes down to what someone will pay for it.

The "stars" of Pawn Stars are way more friendly than most pawn brokers I've encountered. Hell, when I was a teenager I got tossed out of the same pawn shop in Bethany on two different visits a year apart. And I wasn't even doing anything!

And if people think pawn shops are going to pay them top dollar on an item, I have a great Judas Priest song in mind. :igetit:

Latest posts

Top Bottom