Louisiana: Woman Takes Away Sex Offender’s Weapon, Stabs Him to Death with It

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2002.jpeg

4 Weather Alerts In Effect

Woman fatally stabs convicted sex offender during attempted sexual assault, sheriff says​

Default Mono Sans Mono Serif Sans Serif Comic Fancy Small Caps
Default X-Small Small Medium Large X-Large XX-Large
Default Outline Dark Outline Light Outline Dark Bold Outline Light Bold Shadow Dark Shadow Light Shadow Dark Bold Shadow Light Bold
Default Black Silver Gray White Maroon Red Purple Fuchsia Green Lime Olive Yellow Navy Blue Teal Aqua OrangeDefault 100% 75% 50% 25% 0%
Default Black Silver Gray White Maroon Red Purple Fuchsia Green Lime Olive Yellow Navy Blue Teal Aqua OrangeDefault 100% 75% 50% 25% 0%

By FOX 8 Staff and Amanda Alvarado
Published: Mar. 4, 2024 at 1:17 PM CST|Updated: Mar. 4, 2024 at 3:41 PM CST

ST. TAMMANY PARISH, La. (WVUE/Gray News) - A convicted sex offender was stabbed to death at a laundromat while he was allegedly trying to assault a woman, according to authorities.
The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 call Sunday at the laundromat and found Nicholas Tranchant, 40, unresponsive with a visible stab wound. He was taken to a nearby hospital where he later died.
Deputies said a woman claimed to have stabbed Tranchant in self-defense.
At The Laundry Room near Lacombe, deputies say a woman fatally stabbed Nicholas Tranchant, a...

At The Laundry Room near Lacombe, deputies say a woman fatally stabbed Nicholas Tranchant, a convicted sex offender who intended on sexually assaulting her at knifepoint.(WVUE)

Tranchant, a known sex offender with prior convictions, reportedly entered the laundromat and “brandished a sharp weapon with the intent to sexually assault the woman,’’ according to Sheriff Randy Smith.
The woman reportedly managed to get the weapon from Tranchant and fatally stabbed him with his own weapon before running to safety.
She was taken to a hospital for treatment of injuries sustained in the altercation.
“I want to compliment this brave woman on the courage and strength she showed in fighting back against her attacker and ask for prayers for her continued recovery,” Smith said.

Tranchant was convicted in July 2003 for indecent behavior with a juvenile, and in May 2008 for attempted aggravated rape and aggravated burglary. He was released from jail on Dec. 21, 2023, and required to register as a sex offender.
A neighbor told WVUE that she isn’t shocked to hear the news.
“It makes me want to tear up that she had to go through that, and it’s a shame,” Gwen Batiste said. “I pay taxes here and I shouldn’t have to worry about my granddaughter walking to the bus stop.”
Batiste was planning on washing her granddaughter’s school uniforms at The Laundry Room on Sunday evening.

“I got tied up and I didn’t get there. When I came through, I’d seen all the police and everything and started hearing things,” she recalled. “I went to Mandeville. I felt safer driving in the middle of the night to Mandeville than I did going right here less than half a mile from my home.”
“I understand everybody’s done their time, but when you hurt a woman, you hurt a child, there is no ‘you’ve done your time’ and it’s over with,” Batiste said. “It’s pretty sad and we need to bond together and get rid of these pedophiles and sex offenders. It’s become normal around here and it shouldn’t be.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom