Lower Parts Kits Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there any significant difference in the different brands? Should I look for DMPS, CMMG, RRA, other? Are they worth the difference in price?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had that same question not too long ago man:

http://okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75035

What I got out of it is to avoid the Model 1 Sales kits (I don't really know about the Del Ton kits), and that the DPMS (for $50-60) and several of the others are basically very similar. A fair upgrade is the Daniel Defense ($70 or so). An upgrade to that one would be the Bill Springfield full kit ($130) with his 3Lb trigger, and an upgrade to that would be to part it together with a DD or individual parts and use the JPE fire control group (about $200 total with the rest of the parts added to the JP FCG, and some significant gunsmithing is involved).

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
also avoid M&A parts that sets up at the bigger shows and advertises in the shotgun news. half their parts seem to be altered M-16 rejects.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used DPMS LPK but then replace the trigger with a JP setup or Accuracy Speaks and had VERY good luck. The little pieces like the springs and detents, I mean, how different can they be? I just stay away from the super cheap, unknown brands, and then upgrade to a quality trigger anyway. As for gunsmithing, the JP fire control group is VERY easy to set up. I just put on in my LR-308 last night.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used DPMS LPK but then replace the trigger with a JP setup or Accuracy Speaks and had VERY good luck. The little pieces like the springs and detents, I mean, how different can they be? I just stay away from the super cheap, unknown brands, and then upgrade to a quality trigger anyway. As for gunsmithing, the JP fire control group is VERY easy to set up. I just put on in my LR-308 last night.

Well - maybe I over-stated the significant gunsmithing thing - I just get scared when it comes to removing metal in parts that specifically control the FCG and more specifically, the safety of a weapon. Its probably a lot simpler than I'm making it out to be in my head, but I'm not ready to do it and trust the results (and its still a little out of my budget).

I'll get in a Bill Springfield kit next week with his 3Lb trigger in it and can provide a range report as to how well it works out.

VANGUARD

Marksman
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a Model 1 sales kit what's wrong with them? I realy would like to know before I spend my money. I would also like to know if anyone knows anything about the C93 CIA cione's of the HK93?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well - maybe I over-stated the significant gunsmithing thing - I just get scared when it comes to removing metal in parts that specifically control the FCG and more specifically, the safety of a weapon. Its probably a lot simpler than I'm making it out to be in my head, but I'm not ready to do it and trust the results (and its still a little out of my budget).

I'll get in a Bill Springfield kit next week with his 3Lb trigger in it and can provide a range report as to how well it works out.

The only thing you really have to do is time the disconnector and then fit the safety. Just take a little at a time and keep reinstalling and checking. Or you can get the JP adjustable safety and then all you have to fit is the disconnector.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing you really have to do is time the disconnector and then fit the safety. Just take a little at a time and keep reinstalling and checking. Or you can get the JP adjustable safety and then all you have to fit is the disconnector.

I didn't know they made an adjustable safety - that was actually the scariest part for me - I've got a few hack-and-bang tools, but working on fire-control parts is just a project that will have to be well on down the road for me.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, JP makes a great adjustable safety. It's so easy to set up. You put it in, adjust the screw that sets how much slack the safety has, put in a set screw to hold it, then put on the lever. You can put the lever on either side for a lefty or righty, or you can buy an additional lever to make the safety completely ambidextrous, which is what I do since I'm lefty but most of the other people I let shoot my stuff are righties. The safety set up isn't cheap though. Around $45 just for the safety and another $15 or so for the additional lever, so $60+ just in the safety. It sure is easy to set up and being ambi is nice, too.

progun40

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a DPMS LPK that came with the magazine catch busted. This was bought new from bravo in the sealed package. I called DPMS about it, they are super not friendly! Spoke with a lady and then a guy named Mark, he told me to mail it back and they would send me a new one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom