Lt gov meeting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Working my side job as security at the Warren Theater on Friday when 30 LT Govs came to watch a new video about the tornado and the recovery in Moore. Then they went on a tour to see what the tornado did and how the recovery is proceeding.

Our LT GOV Todd Lamb is an outstanding individual who represents Oklahoma well.

Also got to visit with some of his OHP security detail, all nice guys who seem to be pretty uncomfortable in their suits and ties! (JK):wink2:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some jobs that I simply could not do. Following around a bunch of "important" people while they did their best "I'm important" routine is right up there with the best of them ... :wink2:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree with ya, BB.

Closest I ever got, we had the Board of Directors visit us and I was asked to be the tour guide for the dept. We had a light panel with 16 lights. 15 of the lights were marked with safety showers in remote location. They would light up if the shower was pulled. The 16th light was not in use, because it would not shut off and we didn't need it.

Walking by the panel, one of the "look I'm impotant' people asks, "What is this?"
I explain about the showers and the alarm sounding and location light.
Another asks about the light being on and I say matter of factly, "That's how we know the panel has power and the alarms will work."
My boss and the plant mgr both choked. Boss asked me later, "IF that was true?"

We get to the conference room and the "I'm REALLY SUPER IMPOTANT" Chairman of the Board asks what I thought about this NEW program that had just been instituted that he had developed. I tell him, "I think it's the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen."

I NEVER led another tour. :pms2:

Last edited:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree with ya, BB.

Closest I ever got, we had the Board of Directors visit us and I was asked to be the tour guide for the dept. We had a light panel with 16 lights. 15 of the lights were marked with safety showers in remote location. They would light up if the shower was pulled. The 16th light was not in use, because it would not shut off and we didn't need it.

Walking by the panel, one of the "look I'm impotent' people asks, "What is this?"
Another asks about the light being on and I say matter of factly, "That's how we know the panel has power and the alarms will work."

We get to the conference room and the "I'm REALLY SUPER IMPOTENT" Chairman of the Board asks what I thought about this NEW program that had just been instituted that he had developed. I tell him, "I think it's the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen."

:rollingla That's pretty good. I get that too ... Why do folks ask you if they don't want to know? I mean really?? It's not like they need little ol' me to validate their existence ... Oh wait ... :wink2:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree with ya, BB.

Walking by the panel, one of the "look I'm impotent' people asks, "What is this?"

We get to the conference room and the "I'm REALLY SUPER IMPOTENT" Chairman of the Board asks what I thought about this NEW program that had just been instituted that he had developed. I tell him, "I think it's the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen."

Got pretty personal if you knew they were impotent. Lol

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no they weren't .......... didn't realize the sarcasm implied button HAD to be pushed and not just implied and damn spell check. So, it's fixed. Old joke of the bum wearing a suit. "Youse gots to look impotant to bees impotant

Had told the plant mgr on more than one occasion, "IF you don't want to know what I think don't ASK!"
Found out THAT was the reason I was the dept rep for ALL of his monthly BS sessions; 'fireside chats', as he liked to call them. After I made a particularly abrasive statement about a situation he brought up. He told the room, after the gasps and total silence, THAT was why I was there, he didn't need a room full of ass kissers, he needed truthful opinions.

Not that everybody appreciates the truth "THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH". We change plant managers and 6 months later, my services were no longer needed.

Happiest day of my life, BTW.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no they weren't .......... didn't realize the sarcasm implied button HAD to be pushed and not just implied and damn spell check. So, it's fixed. Old joke of the bum wearing a suit. "Youse gots to look impotant to bees impotant

Had told the plant mgr on more than one occasion, "IF you don't want to know what I think don't ASK!"
Found out THAT was the reason I was the dept rep for ALL of his monthly BS sessions; 'fireside chats', as he liked to call them. After I made a particularly abrasive statement about a situation he brought up. He told the room, after the gasps and total silence, THAT was why I was there, he didn't need a room full of ass kissers, he needed truthful opinions.

Not that everybody appreciates the truth "THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH". We change plant managers and 6 months later, my services were no longer needed.

Happiest day of my life, BTW.

FWIW, I "got" it ... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom