M&P 2.0 grip sanding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you have M&P 2.0s and have sanded the grip to a more palm friendly texture?

For those that have, what did you use to remove material?

I just got a Shield + and want to remove some of the meat grinder off the grip

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the Springfield XD S That single stack cheese grater grip drew blood.

1646688585747.png

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the Springfield XD S That single stack cheese grater grip drew blood.

View attachment 257513

Honestly, I’d not thought of it that way, but that is exactly how the 2.0 grip feels. It feels like the small holes of a cheese grater when it is rubbing on my soft tender side belly. (TMI?)

That’s an excellent description. Well done.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to try a Talon wrap before I take sand paper to it.

S&W needs to address this.
I got to shoot a full size 2.0 when they first came out. A guy was on the range shooting his and had a few choice words after 200rds. I asked him what was up and he showed me his hand. It was pretty tore up. He let me try it and I quit after two boxes

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, I’d not thought of it that way, but that is exactly how the 2.0 grip feels. It feels like the small holes of a cheese grater when it is rubbing on my soft tender side belly. (TMI?)
Not TMI if yer talkin' pork... :lookaroun

Some folks put a cut off section of bicycle tube on slick grips. Might provide a removable cushion as well? :anyone:

Just a thought.
___

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't own a 2.0 but I've heard many times of people taking some fine grit sandpaper and just knocking the sharp points off a bit, especially on the side of the grip that touches your skin when you carry.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't own a 2.0 but I've heard many times of people taking some fine grit sandpaper and just knocking the sharp points off a bit, especially on the side of the grip that touches your skin when you carry.
This is the way. I used 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper like for finishing a car or trailer paint job. I used it dry and an air compressor to get rid of the dust it created. Works well and didn’t take much time or pressure to get rid of the sharp edges.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this plastic?
I really have no idea.
But if it is I would heat up a flat steel plate (Butter knife) and place it on the rough parts and melt them flatter.

You can shape plastic with hot steel.
When I cut a plastic dash to fit a radio in it I heat up a knife with a propane torch and cut right through it.
Works for other plastics you need to cut.
Smoother than a saw blade or sandpaper.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That is probably a more permanent solution, but I’m going to try the Talon first anyway, when I get it, which brings me to this; Talon’s customer service. 5 ⭐️! My grip shipped over 2 weeks ago via USPS with no tracking. It’s still not here. They’re sending me another one, with no hassle and it was their idea.

After they made the offer I countered with “if I wind up with both of them eventually, I’ll mail one of them back”.

Good guys. I haven’t laid hands on the grip, but based on CS alone I’d recommend them.