M&P .40 vs Sig P226 .40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of curiousity...would you guys say that a glock is the best middle ground between the P226 and M&P. The glock has a proven track record..like sig, it is higher capacity polymer like the M&P etc...

??

Maybe, but IMHO the glock is a GREAT pistol with Horrible ergonomics. I owned a g23 for awhile, but it wasn't for me. To each there own.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To each their own.

This being the key statement.

I find Glocks to be very ergonomic and have never encountered the supposed issue of Glocks naturally pointing high. A Glock feels and handles like a Glock, an M&P feels and handles like an M&P, and a SIG feels and handles like a SIG. As many different grips as I could find, I personally never found a SIG that felt as good in MY hands as a Glock/1911/M&P etc. Rent both, shoot both, buy both used, sell the one you like least. ;)

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This being the key statement.

I find Glocks to be very ergonomic and have never encountered the supposed issue of Glocks naturally pointing high. A Glock feels and handles like a Glock, an M&P feels and handles like an M&P, and a SIG feels and handles like a SIG. As many different grips as I could find, I personally never found a SIG that felt as good in MY hands as a Glock/1911/M&P etc. Rent both, shoot both, buy both used, sell the one you like least. ;)

Well said!:clap3:

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of curiousity...would you guys say that a glock is the best middle ground between the P226 and M&P. The glock has a proven track record..like sig, it is higher capacity polymer like the M&P etc...

??

Not really. All are good guns, similar/same mag capabilities. I wouldn't feel bad about having any of them for a self-defense gun.

Like BigRed82 suggested, try to rent both and see how they feel and shoot for you. Buy the one you like the best. Since all three are good guns, a lot of ammo and good training is more important that which one you decide to get.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was considering the M&P compacts and the Sig P229, ended up going with the Sig because it felt better in my hands. Both guns are reliable, it's all about the feel.

Good Luck! :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom