M&P 45 or FNH 45?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M&P 45 or FNH 45?

• M&P 45

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • FNH 45

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Neither, get a 1911!

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • And now for something completely different!

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Bass Pro with my daughter and then again with my two boys. We messed around all over the place, but spent a lot of time with me lusting over the pistols.

I really liked the feel and balance of the Smith & Wesson M&P 45. Very nice. Fit my hand perfectly. Liked the sights and was a real natural-aiming weapon for me. It was outfitted with a 1911-style safety, which I really liked.

Then, I handled the FNH 45. Also a great feeling handgun with good sight picture. I didn't care for the rounded bottom of the mag, but that was the only thing I didn't like. It was a sweet two-tone version with a safety. I liked the safety on the M&P better though.

I also handled a bunch of other pistolas, including a suh-weeeet SW 1911. Very, very nice! And a super cool OD green-framed Ruger LCP. Wicked cool color. Both of those are on my short list.

But, that's neither here nor there.

The question is, in plastic full-size 45s, do you guys like the M&P or the FNH better?

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the M&P and really like it. It is very accurate and reliable. I don't remember ever having any kind of failure with it. I haven't shot the FN, so I can't really give you a comparison. If you get to handle them, check the trigger before you buy. That's the only complaint I have with mine. It has kind of a hitch before the trigger breaks, but I planned on getting a trigger job on it anyway. Not all M&P's have the problem, I just got a bad trigger.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
love ALL my M&Ps,just don't buy a gun from Bas Pro as they are stupid high on prices.Acadamy and Sports World have much better prices.I think I saw that Sports World was selling their full size M&P for $499. plus tax.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, if you are only going to have 1 .45, it should be a 1911. I love m&p c 40, but if you are only going to have 1 45, let it be a 1911 and then get an m&p after that. Can't say much about the FNH

SevenSixTwo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The FNP line of pistols is well made but I just cant get over how bad the trigger was on my FNP9. Unless they have done something to fix it, I would stay with the M&P. I've had my M&P40 for a while now and love it to death, but will probably sell it because I want to standardize my pistols in 9mm.

kriket1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with 257wby if u don't have a 45 then a 1911 would be the best choice after that I would go fore the m&p it's a grate gun but I don't really like the trigger on ether the m&p or the fnp then again I am a 1911man that said if I were to get another "plastic pistol" I would get a xdm it has the best trigger on those types of pistol's:urwelcome::urwelcome: imo if it's in your budget u should get both a 1911 and an m&p if your Hart's not set on the m&p check out an xdm if u don't already have one

Latest posts

Top Bottom