M1s from Korea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdcrig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard rumblings of this for some time. I've been collecting M1s for a few years and am always looking for new sources. I've also heard rumors about tens of thousands coming from the Phillipines as well. It remains to be seen if these rumors are true. The fact that it's in the Korea Times may be good.

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm skeptical... Really skeptical. There will be more $400 rifles at gunshows with sellers attempting to sell them for $1K a piece.

And if they're anything like some of the used/old USGI parts that has came back from that part of the world, don't expect a pristine collectors piece.

However, I don't agree with Korea being able to sell them to distributors. They need to go back to CMP.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not counting on those to be retail prices. I'm thinking more in line with CMP prices or slightly less since the market would theoretically be 'flooded'. I'm sure that some douchebaggery will take place at the gun shows but, hey, when doesn't it?

With CMP being three months behind this might just speed things up.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However, I don't agree with Korea being able to sell them to distributors. They need to go back to CMP.

CMP passed on them. Orest Michaels posted on the CMP forum (the old one!) circa 2006 that he had inspected some of those rifles and that they "would not even meet rack grade" and that they were "barely parts grade". On top of that, there were some people who wanted some bribes to make the deal happen, so he just said 'no'.

I'll try and find his original post on the deal.

Remember, not all US weapons used by foreign governments are lend/lease. There are all different flavors of foreign aid, and some of those result in requirements to 'return' US material and some don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom