Bush's Chili Magic review.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not authentic, fresh made but a darn close second.

About 10 years ago, Mrs GED worked at the library here in Holdenville and there was this little Mexican woman who came in about every other week or so and sold tamales.

They were $1 each or $10 a dozen. We bought three dozen every time she came in. They were awesome! Just enough kick to em. She had hot or mild and thought I'd try the hot one day. She told my wife, "I don't think he better do that. The regular is hot enough for him." Reluctantly, she sold her one. Damn! She was right! Lit my ass on fire!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1/2 C of Chili Magic has over 1000 mg of sodium or 44% of your RDA and there's 3 1/2 servings in a can. Just pop the top on some Morton's iodized salt instead!

Canned chili and frozen tamales - some of y'all ain't going to be around much longer with that diet! Definitely will need some stretchy pants. :)
I have low sodium according to a recent blood screen

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 10 years ago, Mrs GED worked at the library here in Holdenville and there was this little Mexican woman who came in about every other week or so and sold tamales.

They were $1 each or $10 a dozen. We bought three dozen every time she came in. They were awesome! Just enough kick to em. She had hot or mild and thought I'd try the hot one day. She told my wife, "I don't think he better do that. The regular is hot enough for him." Reluctantly, she sold her one. Damn! She was right! Lit my ass on fire!
Tacos Don Nachos has damn good house made tamales. SW 38th and council. All their food is outstanding. @xseler and @montesa would likely agree.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like something new and fresh in Mexican food. I'm tired of the places around here. Their quality has gone down while their prices have gone up.
Teds Escondido is like that, way over rated and expensive. Mexican food has one of the lowest food cost to buy and make. Teds will cost ya $20 for 1 meal, and its sub par food.
It'll make a turd but that the best I can give it.

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Williams is the one we like. 2 alarm is not bad but we will stick with Williams because the wife will not let me make my chili anymore. The one time I did she accused me of trying to kill her. :P
I like Williams too. I usually use half venison and half sausage for the meat, and I add some Rotel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom