Made the Switch to Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well...I finally did it. I switched from an iPhone 3GS on AT&T to an HTC Thunderbolt from Verizon.

Omigosh.

I would use speedtest.net on the iPhone and get a max of about 3.5Mbps down over the 3G network. I have gotten a blistering 27.6Mbps on the Thunderbolt! This lil' dude is fast.

I haven't even had it for 24 hours yet, so I can't give a complete review. The Android OS is different and I'm just trying to get my feet under me.

One thing I don't care for is the voicemail. It's not the nice graphical style of the iPhone. They offer a 'visual' voicemail for $2.99/mo. I guess that's what they're talking about. Not sure.

And I sure wish Radarscope was offered on the Android Market. Does anyone have a good radar app for Android?

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Google Voice for my voicemail on my android phone. It can translate the voice into text(not too great) and you can go through the voicemails and block/delete/listen/etc with the app.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about switching over to Android from Blackberry, just don't know if I can give up the 'berry yet.

Literally the only advantage BlackBerry has is BB messenger. If you can get past that, Android and iPhone are far superior.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Literally the only advantage BlackBerry has is BB messenger. If you can get past that, Android and iPhone are far superior.

Depends on how you are counting it as an advantage. I have been an android user since *almost* the beginning, but recent got my wife a motorola atrix. I use google talk quite extensively on PCs and my phone. No charge for text messages and more instant than text messages. If you havent checked it out, I am sure there are clients for iphone, blackberry, windows phone and of course, android.

Latest posts

Top Bottom