Android Apps thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so it seems like there are a lot of us Android users on here. Thought it would be cool to start a thread where we could share some of our favorite apps. I currently have a myTouch 3G with the headphone jack.

One of my favorite apps is called TiKL...its a push to talk walkie talkie style app....great for when your driving, I don't like texting while I drive, but I get a lot of them, so this is great lil app. Can connect to your Facebook account and then you can invite friends that us iPhones, iPods and iPads....my girlfriend has an iPhone and we use it all the time.

Zedge....you can search and download wallpaper and ringtones, and install them or share them, it automatically sizes the pictures as wallpaper.

Lookout....pretty good app for scanning and and backing up all your info and apps.

Bump....works for android and iphones....you can share contact info as well as apps and pics.

Discount Calculator...if your math challenged like me, its a neat lil calculator that will figure out the price with discounts and tax.

Wheres my Droid.....if you happen to lose your phone while on vibrate or silence, you can text your phone from any phone or internet with a phrase that you make up and it will turn your sound back on and ring for a set amount of time...I used it once and worked like a champ!

Those are just a few of my favs.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
scanner radio
zedge gets another +1 even though I am using default ringtones on my epic right now
latitude fun for seeing where friends are or tracking your locations
safe neighborhood - a good tool to see sex offenders on the map from current location shows picture, charge, and a ton of info
heytell is another voice im PTT messenger
also gotta have my photobucket and facebook apps

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got HeyTell, but I'll be honest, that TiKL works better and faster...no lag.

I've also got the photobucket and Facebook apps. Oh, and another cool one I forgot to mention.....HP's iPrint...print photos right off your phone.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pandora radio - free 3G radio of your choice
Sega/Nes/PSX/Mame emulators - yup, video games on Android
RockPlayer - play DivX, mpeg, etc right off your SD card without conversion

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a regular basis:

Google Voice
GMail
Foursquare
Dropbox (easy filesync between computers)
Scanner Radio
Seesmic (Twitter)
Pandora
Photoshop Express
NASCAR
Yahoo! Fantasy Football
ConnectBot (SSH client)

Winds of Steel is a fun game.

Rarely, but still useful:

Android VNC
AndFTP
SilverEdit
gStrings

I'd use Latitude, but I haz no friendz.

ETA: Just downloaded Safe Neighborhood to see how accurate it was. So far so good. (I verified addresses through PD websites that I knew listed them, too. Other apps have been the random markers breed.)

dhish

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've already named a couple of my favorites. I use urbanspoon or Where? when I'm on the road to find decent places to eat. Shopsavy when I'm looking for a deal, just scan a barcode and it will find the best price both locally and online. Utility wise, I use TasKiller to free up phone memory and save battery power. It "kills" apps you choose one at a time, or all at once.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evernote (Great note program, syncs OTA with PC)
Foursquare
Peep (Twitter)
Phonezap (Lot's of hot chicks on there)
Audible (Listen to audiobooks)
NFL (Verizon)
Documents to Go
gStrings (guitar tuner)
Live Scores
PDF Viewer
Google Voice / Google Talk / Gmail

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some apps I use on the reg:

aCar (tracks mpg, maintanence records, expenses, trips, and much more, also displays graphs and charts for past references, I recommend anybody who drives a car to check this app out)

Barcode Scanner

Bubble

Glympse (I'm not sure of the full capabilities, but I use it to allow certain people to track me. It's a per-use type of tracking, not constant, but it allows them, through Facebook for example, to watch me on a map. It shows my path driven, my direction, my speed, etc.)

OpenSudoku

Parcels (for tracking packages)

Google Voice

Ringdroid (for editing MP3s for ringtones and notifications)

Where?

Navigation (turn by turn, real time gps program)

For the two of you who use Four Square, have you checked out Gowalla? I've used both and prefer Gowalla. Same concept.

Angry Birds is definitely one of the best games I've come across. It turns a 5 minute dump into a 20 minute on-the-pot gaming session.

Latest posts

Top Bottom