Magazine Capacity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahem...

Compression, not tension.

OCD kicking in.

Quite right. And I even had a typo in "tension."

And I know a little about OCD too, fortunately from an observational perspective. Funny on TV, and heartbreaking in the real.

Quote from shootinpreacher 48: "my rule is push it to its limits and see what it takes, then you will know its limits."

The only problem I can think of with this approach is that it might take it for a while, and how long is a while? Sort of like running a heavy truck over a bridge not rated for the weight. It might not break the first time, or the tenth time, or ever, but who knows? CB

Dimmuburger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh. I didn't know the mag needed space to load that first round.

And too much compression on the spring was my main concern. I didn't think there would be any feeding issues, but I stand corrected.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on the gun/cartridge. it will compress anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 the dia. of the cartridge.
If it didn't have that give, how would the shell pop up to be run into the chamber by the slide?
Each cartridge is held down away from the mags feed lips when the slide is closed. thats why you see yellow brass marks on the bottom of your slide.

okie headhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't push it mag are pretty touchy. on a carry gun I would only load 6 in a 8 round mag. if you are in a place where you need more than 6 rounds for protection you need 3 more rounds won't make any differance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom