Major Bernard Francis Fisher, United States Air Force medal of Honor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why Major Benard received the Medal of Honor while flying his Douglas A-1E Skyraider.
Special Order for Major Bernard Fisher Medal of Honor.jpeg
Major Benard Fisher and his Medal of Honor.jpg

Attachments

• Douglas-A-1E-Skyraider-52-132649-MAJ-Brenard-Fisher-MoH-at-NASM.jpg
    Douglas-A-1E-Skyraider-52-132649-MAJ-Brenard-Fisher-MoH-at-NASM.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Medal-of-Honor-FISHER-Bernard-F.-Major-USAF-with-MYERS-D.W.-10-March-1966.jpg
    Medal-of-Honor-FISHER-Bernard-F.-Major-USAF-with-MYERS-D.W.-10-March-1966.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 0

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I visited an air museum / hanger at an airport in Nampa ID where my son lives this last X-mas. They had several WWII planes that are operational and one was in the Movie w/Tom Cruise ( Valkyrie I think ). They had lots of memorabilia but some of the most interesting things they had were the family scrapbooks that were donated. In those were the stories of the great men of our nation. You'd be surprised how many of the Idaho spudsters went above and beyond. There is days and days of reading for the interested and patient. These pieces of history should be required reading for kneelers whos' names do not deserve mention. Especially any that our country has stepped up to save from their own stupidity. Thanks for the read, it's a real example of what we all should aspire to be, admire and mostly respect.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember reading about him in 1968 or so in the Airman Magazine. He dodged 55 gal oil drums, potholes as well as bullets and pulled off one the the greatest rescues that I can remember.

Latest posts

Top Bottom