Man Arrested In Bethany For Stealing Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like they were all TC single shot rifles. I can not figure out why it would be up to District Attorney to determine whether the stolen guns would be returned to their owner.

http://www.news9.com/story/16538406/man-arrested-in-bethany-for-stealing-guns
Man Arrested In Bethany For Stealing Guns
Posted: Jan 17, 2012 2:52 PM CST Updated: Jan 17, 2012 6:12 PM CST
By Jamie Oberg, News 9

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can not figure out why it would be up to District Attorney to determine whether the stolen guns would be returned to their owner.

Well, its not like the PD can just return stolen merchandise instantly, some or all of it could be needed as evidence. With all the guns torn down in pieces they probably need to match them all up and make sure the recovered guns/parts belong to the right person. I am sure it was reported that way just because it is too early in the investigation. From a person that has recovered a stolen gun (stolen for less than 30 mins) it took me around 4 months to get it back, its almost like they didnt want to give it back. They definitely did not take care of my gun for those 4 mos but afterall it was only surface rust, grrrr....

Im glad they found this stuff and got an arrest out of it, I hope the owner gets these back ASAP.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if your gun is stolen and you collect insurance money for it. you have no claim for its return.
the only way is if the insurance company offers it to you and you give them the money back.
that doen't happen very often though.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't I remember that a bunch of TC stuff got stolen out of a car last year? I hope they are his. Having something stolen that you worked hard to buy is a heartbreaking feeling

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the original story...

http://www.news9.com/story/15627802/gun-store-theft-leaves-owner-reeling

BTW, Ed didn't have insurance on these guns and so all of the claim yacking is moot. Let's hope he gets what is left of his guns returned and soon.

Police said they don't think the public is in any great danger due to the specialty nature of the guns stolen, but Kirkpatrick is in danger of having to close up shop. The theft Friday night will cost him about $30,000.

"Insurance on firearms is very expensive, so I didn't have insurance," he said.

Selling guns is just a side job for Kirkpatrick, a way to make extra money and take care of his customers. Friday night's theft may scuttle his plans.

"I'm fixing to retire next year and was hoping to do this after I retire," he said. "I would really like to continue business and take care of ‘em."

After the theft, Kirkpatrick said, he isn't sure what the future holds.

"All I can do is keep trying and take care of my customers and hope to continue the business in spite of this."

Latest posts

Top Bottom