Man Shot at Gun Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Fudd probably...

I wish that were true ... I've seen a lot of people who know better just not paying attention.

I am hypersensitive because I lost a friend to an accidental gunshot. Him and another guy were playing with an "unloaded" gun on Christmas morning. Buttload of grownups around too. Nobody checked it. He bled to death before the ambulance got there.

Don't get me wrong. I love my guns and I love shooting them. But people wear me plumb out.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
like you said, believe if it is the way 'it always has been done it must be right'. had an argument with a young guy about opening the action and taking out the shell in the chamber when pheasant hunting when coming out of the field, walking down the road, getting in and out of trucks. one young buck said, 'well him dad and him had always keep their guns loaded as they climbed in and out of their trucks while hunting and if it was good enough for them it was good enough for me.' I told him since he didn't understand he had two choices: unloaded gun goes in bed of truck or he walks - period. kind of far from the house so he choose to learn a new way to handle shotguns.

Griffinreich01

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't fix stupid. I've been swept by so many loaded guns its not even funny. I set up at the Wannenmacher every year as a private table, and just the sheer stupidity of 70% of the people that walk by my table amazes me. I seen people with their Concealed weapon printing, so u know its loaded... people with illegal sbrs, hell I swear to god I even saw a guy carrying around a Reising sub machine gun he had turned into a pistol. It was cooler than **** so I ran over to him and asked how much, I was assuming it was registered.... I was wrong. He said $175 firm........ people bring 'unloaded' guns by th table too... how the hell they make it thru the door, I'll never know. No disrespect to our LEO's out there, but some of them need to take a class on gun safety, AND class III recognition.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My girlfriend's grandfather is a former Washington County Sheriff here in AR, and was a big seller at the show. The Democrat-Gazette did a piece on him, asking what he thought about gun control issues. Senator Boozman and Rep. Womack both got into it as well. Mainly discussing the idea of requiring individuals at gun shows to do background checks through FFLs. Not actually "limiting" firearm sales among private citizens, just complicating them for our "safety."

The way I see it, and luckily the way the three gentlemen in the article see it, is a familiar story. If someone wants to buy a gun from a private citizen in order to commit a crime, then chances are they aren't going to submit to a background check. It just makes no sense. Criminals buy their guns through illegal intermediaries. Regulating legal transactions is absolutely useless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom