Marine Corps first: Glock 19 approved for Special Operations personnel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't think I'd ever see such a thing. Quite interesting.
Preferably they should've gone with .40S&W as their main side arm caliber since the reports on the 9mm haven't been that good.
Either way I still find this quite cool that some part of the military is actually gonna' go with a Glock.

Reports? What reports about 9mm not being good? Proof is asked if you post it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In many circles, rumor and anecdotal evidence equals "proof". Lol. MARSOC and other special ops folks have been using 9MM Glocks for many years...loaded with proper ammunition.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reports? What reports about 9mm not being good? Proof is asked if you post it.

The plain jane ball isn't good. Now if you can get away with something other than ball, then yeah it's great.
From what I understand, I think my dad has seen what ball ammo just does. He describes it as just an icepick going through someone.
I'll try ta' find some articles and stuff though.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The plain jane ball isn't good. Now if you can get away with something other than ball, then yeah it's great.
From what I understand, I think my dad has seen what ball ammo just does. He describes it as just an icepick going through someone.

Uh...that's a pretty fat, fast, and dang hot icepick.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yep. Got to follow them stupid NATO rules huh?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Got to follow them stupid NATO rules huh?

We don't need no steenkin' rules. What better handgun for the role? A G19 sits on top of the heap in terms of reliability and combat effectiveness. Logistically supportable, easy to maintain and a great shooter to boot. Sure, it doesn't have the trigger of a 1911 or even the omega shitz on the (some) CZs... But again, for a combat sidearm, I'm all over a Glock 19 as one of the best guns out there. Darn things are as Marine proof as they can be too. I've been trying to break my Glock for a long time and it just goes bang and asks for more ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Invest in glock for a year or so...
invest and you won't be sorry you did!! I don't understand the hatred some have for glocks? Is it because they are so dang reliable? I know they may not be as pretty as some other pistols but who care about what it looks like. Now the only gripe I have with them is the grip. That is the main reason my wife didn't get one. I wish she would have though. I have shot tons through mine with not one malfunction. And I usually shoot Tula or monarch and the like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom