Marine Corps Plans To Get Rid Of “Yes Sir” Over Gender Neutrality Concerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol…it’s just a report that recommended the Marines drop sir/ma’am…the Marines already laughed at the idea and said they weren’t going to implement any over night fixes but would consider the report for future improvements. Let’s be real the Marines literally pushed back when Obama wanted to open up combat jobs to women and refused until they had no choice and when they did they refused to lower the standards. They also didn’t completely get rid of snipers they just designated them for SF and recon units which honestly works out better than a platoon of egos in a grunt company that aren’t usually used correctly like why they got rid of assaultmen because they just used them as any other infantryman.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They got a dick or they don’t, seems easy. Idk or care. The marines are getting hammered over dcing the title scout sniper. Too fierce or something. It’s ok when blasting hadji but not during peace time. Rename it and keep killing commies for mommy

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is something I’ve been thinking about for a long time. I spent 22 years in the Navy (most of which was spent with the Marine Corps). I still call everyone Sir or Ma’am. It’s ingrained in who I am. It doesn’t matter how young or old someone is, I still say it. Now I always feel I’m going to unwittingly offend someone. We have so many “genders” now, nobody knows what to call anyone. So, I was thinking. Other parts of the world have respectful greetings that don’t have anything to do with age or gender. Why don’t we?
I say this because I made the mistake of calling a female “Sir”. She had a baseball cap on and looked like a dude. Then I had a guy in a dress come up to me (had a full beard) and I called him Sir. Both people were very unhappy. I think we have to, at some point, realize we are living in a changing world. (And no I’m not a liberal. I’m a conservative that’s getting older and trying to respect others without losing my own morals).
Saying Sir, Ma'am, IS a show of RESPECT! Not being ALLOWED to use these terms is a show of, DIS-RESPECT! These screw balls are simply SPOILED BRATS DEMANDING ALL THE ATTENTION, AND IT IF EVERYONE USED THE CORRECT PRO-NOUN, EVERY TIME, THEY WOULD JUST FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO WHINE ABOUT!! Our society needs more REAL respect for others, not less!

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that I agree about a change to gender specific greeting that have worked well for hundreds, if not thousands, of years, but what would you suggest as a 'neutral' form of respectful greeting for both male and female individuals/persons/entities . . . things?
I suggest using a phrase that in ways combines both Sir and Ma’am, yet still contains the true underlying idiocy.

Smarm.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suggest using a phrase that in ways combines both Sir and Ma’am, yet still contains the true underlying idiocy.

Smarm.
It's not about the name, it's about them getting attention! That is why these sick Perverts, ALWAYS FLAUNT THIS CRAP, IN AS PUBLIC WAY AS POSSIBLE, to try and shock normal people! Doing something TABOO, is only a turn on, if other people see, and are shocked by their actions!

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading the title of this article you may be thinking this is a Babylon Bee article but the answer is no.

A recent report commissioned by the Corps raises “concerns” over Marines using the terms “Sir” or “Ma’am” while addressing drill instructors due to Gender Neutrality worries.

A new academic report on efforts to integrate Marine Corps boot camp recommends dropping gender-specific salutations for drill instructors, but service leaders are not convinced they want to take that step.

The lengthy report, commissioned by the Corps from the University of Pittsburgh in 2020 and completed in 2022, points out that half of the military services already have done away with gendered identifiers for training staff.

“The Army, Navy, and Coast Guard effectively de-emphasize gender in an integrated environment,” the report states. “Instead of saying ‘ma’am’ or ‘sir,’ recruits in these Services refer to their drill instructors using their ranks or roles followed by their last names. Gendered identifiers prime recruits to think about or visually search for a drill instructor’s gender first, before their rank or role.”
https://triunetimes.org/marine-corps-plans-to-get-rid-of-yes-sir-over-gender-neutrality-concerns/
So why not address them like Gomer Pyle. Yep

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is something I’ve been thinking about for a long time. I spent 22 years in the Navy (most of which was spent with the Marine Corps). I still call everyone Sir or Ma’am. It’s ingrained in who I am. It doesn’t matter how young or old someone is, I still say it. Now I always feel I’m going to unwittingly offend someone. We have so many “genders” now, nobody knows what to call anyone. So, I was thinking. Other parts of the world have respectful greetings that don’t have anything to do with age or gender. Why don’t we?
I say this because I made the mistake of calling a female “Sir”. She had a baseball cap on and looked like a dude. Then I had a guy in a dress come up to me (had a full beard) and I called him Sir. Both people were very unhappy. I think we have to, at some point, realize we are living in a changing world. (And no I’m not a liberal. I’m a conservative that’s getting older and trying to respect others without losing my own morals).
A changing world it is Senior chief. Being cordial to our fellow humans is a morally fruitful endeavor. That said we don’t have to capitulate to these bi-gender, trans whatever mental disorders. No different than the people that think they’re animals like dogs or cats. I think they call them Furrys. Participating in these incorrect terms is not helping anyone. Thus condoning it and perpetuating a lie.

Not to mention the more main stream it is, like California, the more they push that people participate in these misnomers and are punished or jailed for not using these idiocrasies.

It’s a slippery slope. I refuse to participate in this deceit.

If they get upset by us using the correct term then that’s on them. Not us.

Last edited:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom