Marlin 39 Century Limited

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to this site, and by way of introduction, I thought I'd start a new thread about my old friend, this little lever action .22.

I've had this rifle for 24 years, it was a 16th birthday present from my dad. It was a one year only run in 1970, the same year I was born. I imagine that this was intended to be a "safe queen", but I never saw it that way. It's always been my very favorite gun, it's just a kick to shoot, it's super accurate, and as everybody knows, nothing's more economical to load up than a .22

I wouldn't even begin to speculate about how many rounds I've put through it over the years, if I had to guess it's probably around eleventy zillion. It's never given me single problem.

This is my favorite rifle. What's yours?

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o293_stingrayg4_Guns_DSC00143.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o293_stingrayg4_Guns_DSC00144.jpg

-S

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I can't say that I have a favorite.
I have had a few I shot a lot more than others.
For years my little buckmark was pretty much a favorite.
Then the S&W 617 dislodged it last year.

As for rifles I never really had a favorite.
But I picked up one of the little henry lever actions last year and it's a blast to shoot.

By the way that's a purdy little marlin you got there.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But I picked up one of the little henry lever actions last year and it's a blast to shoot.

I've had my eye on those lately. I'd like to get one in .38, I may do so this summer when a little more funds become available.

By the way that's a purdy little marlin you got there.

Thanks, I sure do think so! :thumb:

-S

Latest posts

Top Bottom