MaTech BUIS compatible with 7.62 x 39 AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking to add a rear back up sight and optic to my 7.62x39 AR. I will likely be purchasing either a KSC or MaTech sight since both have elevation adjustments should I need to use them regularly with the optic removed.

Will the elevation range markings on the MaTech work with the 7.62x39 cartridge once the rifle has been sighted in at the battle-range setting? I am assuming that there will be some issues since the range markings were set up for .223 / 5.56. I am honestly not that familiar with the trajectory differences between the two calibers.

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, the trajectories will not match up very well. 7.62x39 has much lower velocity and has a lot more bullet drop than 5.56. At least the numbers on the cam will not match the distances they are marked for. If you want adjustable elevation so you can dial for different distances, I'd recommend one of the rear sights that adjust in consistent click increments, instead of having a cam that only matches one trajectory and sight radius profile. Then you can figure out your own come-ups to match your actual trajectory with your own setup. The Spikes Micro rear sight is my favorite in that category. $80 at Joe Bob Outfitters. I like it better than the KAC 2-600, which is your other option. It has a removable aperture insert, which makes it into a ghost ring that is much more usable in the field, and it is super light and low profile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom