Mattress Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stearns & Foster is the best mattress I've slept on. Our King was ~$1400 back in 2011. We bought it because of the recommendations from this thread.

It was definitely worth it. Five years later we still have a bed that we don't want to get out of, and I went from taking 45 minutes to fall asleep on a Serta to under 10 minutes, as well as from waking up constantly during the night to adjust to usually waking up in the same position I fell asleep.

On trips, I'm much more likely to book a hotel with Stearns & Foster mattresses even if it costs a little more. A good night's rest is worth it.

By the way, these mattresses are super heavy to move and don't bend around corners easy.

Last edited:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Can you elaborate? Also looking for a mattress. I need one that won't dip to one side as I weight twice what my wife does. With a traditional mattress she ends up sleeping almost on top of me some nights. And no, It's not as fun as it sounds after awhile.

Last edited:

ruckerduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma mattress company. They will custom make a bed for you. If you don't like it, they will remake it for free. Expensive, but the best bed I've ever had.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you elaborate? Also looking for a mattress. I need one that won't dip to one side as I weight twice what my wife does. With a traditional mattress she ends up sleeping almost on top of me some nights. And no, It's not as fun as it sounds after awhile.
i'm 260 wife is 110 no problems

The Best Bed for Better Sleep | Casper®

Last edited:

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a memory foam mattress for ten years. Loved it, but the last couple of years, the foam started to compress in our individual sleep areas. That makes you start to lean and not be able to sleep well.

We replaced it with a Sleep Number after a friend's recommendation. Wow...we love this thing. We went ahead and got the adjustable foundation, so we also got the split king, so we could have different adjustments from each other. I didn't think I'd need it; but two months after buying it, I found myself in the hospital getting my head cut open for a tumor (non-cancerous thank God). But, I was not allowed to sleep with my head level or lower than my body for a couple of months. Having the adjustable frame was literally a lifesaver. And with a 25 year warranty, I'm not going to be replacing it any time soon.

This is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. I can't get comfortable on the others now. The only thing I don't like about the split mattress style is the gap between the two. But, they make inserts to fill it in, so you can actually sleep closer together. It's not bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom