Meat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crabgrass is good protein source, good plan. May look at rye as well.

place near Morris has you bring yours in and pick up their estimated bundle same day as I have been told. Yeah, you do not get your beef back you get someone else’s. I have not verified.

There is a knacker in Council Hill and one in Haskell who are both good, not cheap, but good with longer hang times.
I guess if I was taking in a random steer from the sale barn it might not matter, but in my case where we’re killing a show steer, I definitely want my own meat. :anyone:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess if I was taking in a random steer from the sale barn it might not matter, but in my case where we’re killing a show steer, I definitely want my own meat. :anyone:

Place in Ada, 3South processing and in Chickasha, Schmidt processing.

3South does paper or shrink.

$85 kill fee, $0.85/# processing
you get your cow.
Schmidt does shrink wrap.

Schmidt did have some openings. Taking 1 in today.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a whole beef (packaged meat arriving today) from a rancher who has standing dates at his local butcher. After paying for the corn fed beef, killing and processing fees, my 1000+ pound beef came out between $3.25-3.50 / pound in the freezer. I’m thinking I made the deal at the right time, just before prices went up again.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a whole beef (packaged meat arriving today) from a rancher who has standing dates at his local butcher. After paying for the corn fed beef, killing and processing fees, my 1000+ pound beef came out between $3.25-3.50 / pound in the freezer. I’m thinking I made the deal at the right time, just before prices went up again.
That was a huge animal to get that much processed meat, and you did really well on the price. :thumb:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was a huge animal to get that much processed meat, and you did really well on the price. :thumb:
I'm assuming 1000+ was the live weight or was it hanging weight? Either way, under $4/lb for everything is a great price like Retrieverman stated. And, yes, you timed it right! Since you have all this beef, how about I come over and assist in harvesting one of those stud bucks you keep showing on the Trail Cam thread since you won't have room for the meat! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom