Media Leading the Sheep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I went over to that other thread and got the real scoop. http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?139926-More-Media-Manipulation-Using-Doctored-Audio-Tape

It's not what it was made out to be, so here's my reply:
yes, and here was my reply:

You guys really need to come out of that bubble you live in every once in a while. :wink2:

RNC draws heat over ad with doctored Supreme Court audio

RNC Caught Using Tampered Supreme Court Audio for Anti-Obamacare Ad

The 36-second RNC ad, released online Wednesday, features audio of Verilli stuttering, coughing, sipping water twice and pausing for nearly 20 seconds. As he speaks, the ad flashes the words, “ObamaCare: It’s a tough sell.”
The problem is that the audio used has been edited to make Verrilli sound worse than he actually did.
According to Bloomberg News, “A review of a transcript and recordings of those moments shows that Verrilli took a sip of water just once, paused for a much briefer period and completed his thought — rather than stuttering and trailing off as heard in the edited version”:
While Verrilli paused once to drink water during the opening moments of his presentation, he stopped talking for only a few seconds before continuing with his argument. In the RNC ad, he pauses for about 20 seconds, coughs, sips water and stutters.

The doctored RNC Ad

The real audio of the SCOTUS arguments

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom