Media misrepresents Heartland Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't really have that strong of an opinion, but I would like open carry to be allowed, so long as the law stipulates that the open carrier must have a license to carry concealed as well.

aryfrosty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are many of us that think that general open carry is a bad idea. If your out hunting or hiking or engaged in some legitimate activity that might lend itself to open carry that should be allowed.
REALLY!! When was the last time you were attacked by an english muffin???

[Broken External Image]

That lady isn't too dangerous anyway unless that 1911 is hammer down on a loaded chamber...THEN, those groceries better duck.

I carry openly when I'm on the range, otherwise I agree with the poster who said that you make yourself a target in a convenience store robbery if you're showing your weapon. I reserve the ability to let the bad guy find out the hard way if it comes to an inside the store decision. I can say that now because right after I retired and lived where I had worked 98% of the folks who saw me knew me and figured I was carrying anyway. After I moved to the far far away I I kept it under wraps. I ain't too sympathetic towards folks that say they might have been "outed" by having the weapon print or flash. I have carried concealed for the 16 years since I have retired and no one has ever noticed :fallangel:

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The class is there to make sure we understand the law, not to instruct in firearm technique. As things are now, there's no "training".

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is also why I want the law, and in my opinion, this is the intent of the law.
Although it would be permissible, I just don't see people with pearl handled revolvers in designer holsters walking down the street.
Except for one........JB Books.

Ivory handled and engraved.

I might carry a broomhandle Mauser too.

soonerman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it was a pretty bad idea for him to say that... Now as for open carry, no matter what the reason or circumstances, it is not up to .gov to "let" us exercise our right to bear arms...

Don't forget who is supposed to be in charge... We The People

Oh... And HL Outdoors stinks on ice IMHO

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I AM IN NO WAY AGAINST OPEN CARRY. But, the way Senator Russell's bill is written, which he is a friend, and I like the guy, scares me... And i told him so. As it stands, the bill will require NO training, No licenses, nothing. if you can own a gun, u can open carry. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS. I have seen TOO MANY IDIOTS PULL OUT LOADED GUNS AND TRY THEM IN HOLSTERS IN OUR LOCAL STORES. I suggested requiring a CCW or an all together new lic. TRAINING MUST BE A REQUIREMENT FOR OPEN CARRY. In my humble opinion.

Although I think that training is hugely important to be a competent owner and safe in general. I do not agree with forced training. I know a whole world of people trained in their upbringing that are FAR better and safer with a firearm than 90% of the jack-wagons that graduate the CCW course.

I also stated in another thread that forcing someone to take a course is guaranteed to cost them money. Some just don't have it. So now you are stripping that person of their 2nd admendment rights.

RyAn007

Marksman
Reaction score
I am totally for open carry, I remember in Wisconsin there weren't OC'ers getting gunned down because they were a priority target. i mean if you wanted to rob a place wouldnt you think that the criminal would have at least a second thought about the guy on the side with a gun on his hip? And to the training part, I think it should be encouraged but not required. Would I prefer a person to be trained with a firearm, yes, but because he doesnt have training should he not be able to protect him self as Diesel stated. And all these laws being so restrictive on our rights with firearms are an infringement on our constitutional rights.

”To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm . . . is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.”
~Wilson v. State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom