Medical Opinion Needed: Injectable B12?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
B vitamins are the catalysts which boost your metabolism and are the main ingredients in many energy drinks. The nice thing about B vitamins is that they're water soluble, and it's difficult to build up a toxic amount. In fact, B12 can be taken 10,000 x RDA without toxicity because it's completely water soluble.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you, but if you're an otherwise healthy person with no malabsorption issues in your guy and you eat a pretty typical american diet (ADA would be included in this), it's prob placebo effect. If you are a 90 year old woman, it's probably real. If your B12 stores are normal, you'll end up eliminating what you don't need. Expensive pee.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you, but if you're an otherwise healthy person with no malabsorption issues in your guy and you eat a pretty typical american diet (ADA would be included in this), it's prob placebo effect. If you are a 90 year old woman, it's probably real. If your B12 stores are normal, you'll end up eliminating what you don't need. Expensive pee.

This!!!

M_Ridgeway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When doing im injection make sure your actually in the muscle I.e. not insulin pins. You won't absorb near as much and increases risk of abscess going to shallow. They need to be about an 1" at min to hit most areas glute and v.g. need to be 1.5 and dont bury them to the hilt.

As for affect I've never bought into b vitamin being all its cracked up to be. Like said before you'll expel what you dont need. if your have some condition that causes a deficiency then it may be doing some good. Only way to really know is blood work.

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My dog has been given Tramadol for his arthritis, and can confirm from my vet that it's no different (aside from dosages and palatability ) than the human medication for the same symptoms.

This can be a big deal. Long story, but I took some antibiotic that was "for animal use only." Let me tell you, you'd have to cut my tongue off before I'd try it again.

MDO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to by it at the feed story, per my doc's recomendation. Better and way cheaper than buying vitamin c pills. I forgot how much i used to shoot, but I would pee orange sometimes. What your body doesnt use, it wastes out through your urine

greenbeetle

Marksman
Reaction score
If you're diabetic my guess is your using it for neuropathy? Lots of people do and claim to get good results. Along with alphalipoic acid, vit e, vit c, CoQ10, thiamine and folate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom