Meeting with Flight Instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were I paying several grand for instruction, I'd demand instructor who didn't stand in the way of my progression. I had an instructor like you describe, and I remember one lesson in particular in which I was >< thisclose to inviting him to step out on the wing with me and settle things like men; the only reason I didn't was that it was a CFI lesson, so I was in the right seat and would have been the first one out the door. (If you're flying with Evan, drop me a PM.) Go talk to the Chief, explain your concerns and ask for a change of instructors. Start politely, but don't leave his office until you get what you want. You're the one writing the cheques, you're entitled to get what you're paying for.

--Dave, CFII (okay, expired, but close enough)

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A flight instructor is a business relationship which you, as the customer, are in the drivers' seat.

If this one isn't fitting your needs, then find a new one.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never failed to learn something from every instructor I ever flew with, even the bad ones.

Take from it what you can and move on. You don't need to fly with a guy that makes you miserable. I swear, the best times of my life were when I was flying, and in control of a nice aircraft. It's supposed to be that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom