Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays

• Total voters

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This time of year I tend to get up set when people say happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Its not JUST a holiday it is the day our lord Jesus was born.
Holiday just doesnt fit
"Twas The Night Before Holiday"?
"I'm Dreaming of a White Holiday"?

So am i the only one who gets upset about hearing happy holidays insted Merry Christmas?

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This time of year I tend to get up set when people say happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Its not JUST a holiday it is the day our lord Jeasus was born.
Holiday just doesnt fit

So am i the only one who gets upset about hearing happy holidays insted Merry Christmas?

Not everyone is a Christian and Christmas isn't the only religious holiday at the end of the year, but a lot of non-Christians want to wish you well. Ride with it.

And, Happy Holidays.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This time of year I tend to get up set when people say happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Its not JUST a holiday it is the day our lord Jeasus was born.
Holiday just doesnt fit

Jesus wasn't actually born on Dec 25th but I do say Merry Christmas.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So long as this nation is overwhelmingly Christian, no one should be offended by Merry Christmas. Don't like it? Breed until you're the majority, then replace it. Till then, get over yourself! :D

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one should be offended by merry Christmas, but should anyone be offended by "happy holidays"?
Lord of mercy, I'll be carefull to avoid saying anything around you guys.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So long as this nation is overwhelmingly Christian, no one should be offended by Merry Christmas. Don't like it? Breed until you're the majority, then replace it. Till then, get over yourself! :D

I don't see anyone here saying they're offended by "Merry Christmas".

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends on the circumstance. In a professional setting I'm more likely to say something like "Happy Holidays!" That is not JUST because I don't know what holiday they are celebrating, but because I probably won't see them again before the New Year, so I'm including THAT holiday as well. I do, however, ask myself if I would be offended if someone wished me a happy Hanukkah or a good Ramadan - I wouldn't be... but I can certainly see where there are plenty who would. So... out of consideration for others, for efficiency, and, yes, so as not to offend those who believe differently from me and AND who are paying me, I will say Happy Holidays. I will go on to say, however, that when I do say Happy Holidays it is NOT because I want to diminish the celebration of the birth of Jesus.

In a personal setting - Merry Christmas.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see anyone here saying they're offended by "Merry Christmas".

Me neither, but someone somewhere must have or the whole dismissal of "Merry Christmas" wouldn't have taken off like it has. FWIW, I worked the "Holiday Parade" in Tulsa because my presence was needed. I didn't refuse because changing the name offended me. That would have been unprofessional IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom