Midway has DPMS LPKs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some LPK's vary in tolerances and dimensions. The most notable would be the safety selector and trigger group. I've replaced all of my dpms safeties with PSA safety selectors. The DPMS is mushy and doesn't quite snap into the fire and safe positions like they should.

DPMS are also notorious for horrible gritty triggers. Not that mil-spec parts kit triggers are every that amazing to begin with, but the grit and slop is notoriously bad with the DPMS triggers that come in their parts kit.

Overall, parts kits are parts kits. They're good to have as a backup. I'm just a bit nitpicky when it comes to milspec triggers and how the safety feels when it's snapped in and out of the safe/fire positions.

vicsinner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some LPK's vary in tolerances and dimensions. The most notable would be the safety selector and trigger group. I've replaced all of my dpms safeties with PSA safety selectors. The DPMS is mushy and doesn't quite snap into the fire and safe positions like they should.

DPMS are also notorious for horrible gritty triggers. Not that mil-spec parts kit triggers are every that amazing to begin with, but the grit and slop is notoriously bad with the DPMS triggers that come in their parts kit.

Overall, parts kits are parts kits. They're good to have as a backup. I'm just a bit nitpicky when it comes to milspec triggers and how the safety feels when it's snapped in and out of the safe/fire positions.

Thanks for the enlightenment into that. Never owned an AR was thinking of building one but with all the craziness and lack of parts ammo and mags around its real hard to want one now. I like nutnfancy's comment on his youtube video calling this "firearmageddon" yup pretty much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom