MidwayUSA grrrrrrr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted the following on MidwayUSA's Facebook page last night:
I started to order a part on the midwayusa.com website tonight. The part is a small pin that costs $1.99 and weighs an ounce or so. Your site wanted to charge the price of the part, a $3.00 "special handling fee", and $3.76 to ship USPS first class mail! A two ounce first class stamp is 64¢. So, for a $1.99 part with almost no discernible weight, I'd have to pay $8.75? I WANT to buy from MidwayUSA, but you guys aren't making any friends like this. I know it's annoying to sell little, cheap parts. But, those little purchases can lead to much bigger ones down the road. It's a bit disappointing, for sure.

The part was a mag release pin for a 10/22, by the way.

I used to do business with MWUSA regularly. But not since this happened.

1. Ordered Blackhawk thigh rig with retention holster for Sig P220.
2. Received same. Box from Blackhawk plainly marked SIG P220. But a P220 wouldn't fit in the holster. Took said holster opff of the rig. Marked M&P40 on back. BH screwed up.
3. No big deal. Called MWUSA and got a return authorization. Filled out the return form and checked off replace. Sent it back. While on the phone with the CS guy I pointed out that they might want to check the rest of their stock for the same problem. Informed when stuff like that happens they always check the rest of their stock.
4. Notified of receipt by MWUSA. Checked order status and didn't find a new one being sent nor was my card credited for the return nor the shipping (I didn't screw up they should pay the return shipping cost). They gave me MWUSA money. I had specifically written on the return form that if a replacement wasn't available credit my original order credit card. Not done. Strike 1!
5. On the phone with MWUSA. CS rep - I'll say this as nicely as I can - was a few bricks shy of a full load. No clue about what was going on. Transferred me to a supervisor. Supervisor was professional and knowledgable. Said there were 2 in stock. I asked if stock had been checked since the problem was a BH screw up. She checked. Nope not done but she'd make sure that it was. Placed the order.
6. Received replacement 2 days later. Quick delivery as usual. Pulled out the package and darned if that box didn't look familiar. Opened it up and no joy. Sig P220 didn't fit. took off holster - marked M&P 40. 1st thought... Nope didn't check stock but then on a hunch I checked the documentation that came with the holster and sure enough there on the inside fold out was a sand grain size speck of chili. Guess what I had for dinner the night I received that rig the 1st time. Yep - chili. I was PISSED!
7. Called MWUSA immediately and went off on the CS guy - who was - very patient, calm and professional. Send it back. Will issue refund.
8. Felt guilty about going off on the guy. Sent a business style and professional letter to MWUSA el President'e. Explained he had a system problem when it came to restocking defective or incorrectly marked merchandise. Apologized for going off on his employee and asked that he commend him for his calm demeanor and professional way he handled a tough situation.
9. MWUSA got the rig back but once again issued MWUSA money. Arghghghgghghgh
10. On the phone with MWUSA CS. Calm cool and collected. Talke to nice CS guy. Explained situation. He credited my card and once again paid for the return shipping. I asked if he could tell who I'd talked to Wednesday night - he could. Would he transfer me to the guy or if he couldn't would he pass along my apologies. He would and did.

MWUSA screwed the pooch - multiple times on one order. Enough was enough - I won't ever do business with them again - a 10 year relationship down the drain because they have either a restocking process problem or a retard working in receiving.

And to top it off Larry Potter never acknowledged my email - not even a thankyou for your feedback.

The one bright side to this is I was forced to find another source for the thigh rig. I did find one and it was $20 cheaper than MWUSA! Now I pretty much stick to Natchezss and MidSouth Shooters.

Buh Bye Midway!

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to do business with MWUSA regularly. But not since this happened.

1. Ordered Blackhawk thigh rig with retention holster for Sig P220.
2. Received same. Box from Blackhawk plainly marked SIG P220. But a P220 wouldn't fit in the holster. Took said holster opff of the rig. Marked M&P40 on back. BH screwed up.
3. No big deal. Called MWUSA and got a return authorization. Filled out the return form and checked off replace. Sent it back. While on the phone with the CS guy I pointed out that they might want to check the rest of their stock for the same problem. Informed when stuff like that happens they always check the rest of their stock.
4. Notified of receipt by MWUSA. Checked order status and didn't find a new one being sent nor was my card credited for the return nor the shipping (I didn't screw up they should pay the return shipping cost). They gave me MWUSA money. I had specifically written on the return form that if a replacement wasn't available credit my original order credit card. Not done. Strike 1!
5. On the phone with MWUSA. CS rep - I'll say this as nicely as I can - was a few bricks shy of a full load. No clue about what was going on. Transferred me to a supervisor. Supervisor was professional and knowledgable. Said there were 2 in stock. I asked if stock had been checked since the problem was a BH screw up. She checked. Nope not done but she'd make sure that it was. Placed the order.
6. Received replacement 2 days later. Quick delivery as usual. Pulled out the package and darned if that box didn't look familiar. Opened it up and no joy. Sig P220 didn't fit. took off holster - marked M&P 40. 1st thought... Nope didn't check stock but then on a hunch I checked the documentation that came with the holster and sure enough there on the inside fold out was a sand grain size speck of chili. Guess what I had for dinner the night I received that rig the 1st time. Yep - chili. I was PISSED!
7. Called MWUSA immediately and went off on the CS guy - who was - very patient, calm and professional. Send it back. Will issue refund.
8. Felt guilty about going off on the guy. Sent a business style and professional letter to MWUSA el President'e. Explained he had a system problem when it came to restocking defective or incorrectly marked merchandise. Apologized for going off on his employee and asked that he commend him for his calm demeanor and professional way he handled a tough situation.
9. MWUSA got the rig back but once again issued MWUSA money. Arghghghgghghgh
10. On the phone with MWUSA CS. Calm cool and collected. Talke to nice CS guy. Explained situation. He credited my card and once again paid for the return shipping. I asked if he could tell who I'd talked to Wednesday night - he could. Would he transfer me to the guy or if he couldn't would he pass along my apologies. He would and did.

MWUSA screwed the pooch - multiple times on one order. Enough was enough - I won't ever do business with them again - a 10 year relationship down the drain because they have either a restocking process problem or a retard working in receiving.

And to top it off Larry Potter never acknowledged my email - not even a thankyou for your feedback.

The one bright side to this is I was forced to find another source for the thigh rig. I did find one and it was $20 cheaper than MWUSA! Now I pretty much stick to Natchezss and MidSouth Shooters.

Buh Bye Midway!

i43.tinypic.com_2bptgx.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom