Mini BOB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK - there's a couple of guys and maybe myself that want to do a weekend with only what you can take in a 1-gallon Ziplock bag.
So far: small pan, rice, salt, firestarter,knife, spaceblanket,hooks/line,nylon cord, .22 pistol, rat trap, light.

The idea is to have what will keep you alive/reasonably comfortable for a couple days, should you get stranded, for whatever reason.
Any ideas?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe swap the pan for a G.I. metal canteen cup and throw in a bouillon cube or two and a small bag of instant coffee.

P-cord too...just a few feet. You can use the individual strands inside to tie up shelter components.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good ideas SMS!
We're not sharing what's in our bags, until after the weekend. I hope to live as comfortable as can be while my fellow travelers wail and gnash teeth....we may be a little competitive.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found what I was looking for....this is what I had in mind when I first read the thread. I had one in my kit for a long time. I actually swapped out the firestarting components for a simple bic lighter though...LOL. (a small squeeze bottle of cooking oil works well for both food prep and fire starting too). http://www.fieldandstream.com/photo...out-altoids-tin-and-two-more-life-saving-diy-

Pack the contents of this with a GI canteen cup, the bouillon cubes, coffee, P-cord and the other components you already identified and I think you'd be doing pretty good! Should fit nicely in a 1 gallon bag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom