mission first tactical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking at getting either a quad rail or a free float rail for my new ar. I know it is easier and cheaper for me to just get a 2 piece drop in quad rail. I don't think having a free float rail is that big of a deal especially for me. Sure we could have a disaster where we have to defend ourselves one day but the likelihood is small. Anyways, has anyone had any experience with the aluminum 2 piece quad rail from MFT? It has the piece that fills in the gap above the delta ring. It is $99 at Walmart. But I can also get a midwest industries one for about $20 more less tax and shipping. MFT has a lifetime warranty but I thought MI did too. Could be wrong though. Would it be a better thing to get a free float or does it really matter? Even if I was gonna be in combat. Which I probably never will. I just know it would be more money and more hassle for a free float rail. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and I forgot to mention that my rifle has the a2 front sight.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the aluminum quad rail from Walmart tonight and installed it on my ar. It wasn't the easiet thing in the world to install. It was a hair too big. Once I got it to fit I noticed it was pretty heavy. I immediately didn't like it. It fit good and tight but I just didn't like it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually went to Walmart and tried the mission first quad rail. It wasn't bad for $100. It was pretty heavy though. It is a two piece so it fits just like the standard handguard. No tools needed. And it had the piece that goes over the gap between the delta ring and the upper receiver rail.

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is part of what you are paying for the higher end rails tend to be lighter but you can get some of the cheaper ones that are light. the free float is mainly for accuracy and is to keep the handguard from putting pressure on the barrel other than than where it is attached. (not really that important unless you are shooting at 5 or 6 hundred yards. . ) the drop in handguards are considered more rugged because you could damage the open end of the free float tube. You can go with a magpul grip that has places you can add rails (I think 3 places) I would have to look but they are light and drop-in and give you options for rails. Go to a good gun store that has a variety of parts so you get a better idea of what is out there and stay away from walmart they usually have their AR stuff marked up pretty high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom