Missouri Vs. Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No it's not.

It also means they can deny you for some ridiculous reason i.e. race.

That's why the laws got changed recently. If the sheriff in your county was pro-gun, then you were all set. If the sheriff was anti-gun or just didn't like you, you were screwed.

Michael Brown

+1.

I moved to OK from Calif. In Calif, each chief LEO has the authority to issue a CCW permit. Or deny it. In practice, the liberal big cities and liberal counties deny all permits, unless the applicant has $trong ties to the chief or sheriff or other politicians. LA, SF, Contra Costa, Marin, lots of others, will not issue permits to citizens.

In some rural, conservative counties, the sheriff will issue to anyone who qualifies under law. A bunch of counties are in between. A guy who can get a permit with no problem in Tehama County has not got a prayer of getting one in San Francisco, though the same statewide standards supposedly govern issuance.

The opportunities for corruption, and for unfair treatment, are overwhelming under this system. The OK system, where the state must issue permits to qualified applicants, is a much better way when it comes to protecting the civil rights of citizens. The OK system is maybe not as good as the Alaska system, which requires no written permit for concealed carry, but it is a huge improvement over "may issue."

jej

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just to rub it in... 18 yrs can car loaded in there cars here and you can carry at sporting events if the building holds 5000 people or less.
thought about that this weekend while is was at the spirit bank event center for the Fights.
there was 3000 plus people there.

Oh please.... can I open carry in a crowded area/sporting event to give anyone and everyone an advantage over me??!! :rotflmao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom