Modern AK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it a lot. I ran it on a previous AK and it held up well on that one too. It mounts using the same 2 screws that you would use on a standard AK stock. The screws backed out after the first range trip, so I put some blue loctite on the screws and haven't had a problem since. I'm not familiar with the siaga 12's, but if their stocks mount up the same way, you should be good to go.

Where did you order it from? It looks killer.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife shooting the AK. Click on the image for a 4 second vid. I should have had her shoot more rounds and filmed it. Oh well, gives me an excuse to go to the range again!

You can see that muzzle brake actually does a pretty good job of keeping the barrel down. I absolutely love this thing.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Instead of making a new thread, I figured I would keep contributing to this one.

So I finally found a flashlight setup I like and changed the optic mount setup. This option still keeps the front end nice and light. I actually think I'm starting to like this AK more than my AR. I love how it turned out and the ergonomics are fantastic. This gun just flat out rocks.

The Draco on the bottom is my next "project" gun. It will be going down the SBR route. I'm selling the upper and lower Ultimak rails and purchasing a MI extended set with an RMR optic top. I'll post again when I have made some more changes.

Thanks for following along.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice!

My SGL21 will be sporting a Bulgarian AK104 style FSB/GB and a Russian solid side folder some time this year. I just need to send in the Form 1 on it. I'll probably move to an AKML mount and keep my Ultimak for an expensive light mount like yours.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice!

My SGL21 will be sporting a Bulgarian AK104 style FSB/GB and a Russian solid side folder some time this year. I just need to send in the Form 1 on it. I'll probably move to an AKML mount and keep my Ultimak for an expensive light mount like yours.

Sounds like a good plan. I had a triangle side folder at one time and it was an awesome rifle.

I tried the T1 on the Ultimak with the light, but it was way too cluttered. Moving it to the akml was a huge improvement. The light mount is a Haley Strategic SBR mount with an inforce 6VX. I really like the mount and inforce products. I have their APL on my Glock and a WML on my 10.5" AR. The Draco will also be getting a WML.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. I had a triangle side folder at one time and it was an awesome rifle.

I tried the T1 on the Ultimak with the light, but it was way too cluttered. Moving it to the akml was a huge improvement. The light mount is a Haley Strategic SBR mount with an inforce 6VX. I really like the mount and inforce products. I have their APL on my Glock and a WML on my 10.5" AR. The Draco will also be getting a WML.

I have a triangle on my Khyber but I wanted to do a solid on this. My current light setup is a VLTOR offset with a Fenix TK21 which is probably way too bright and I'm probably going to switch it for something a bit smaller with less lumens. I'm not really a fan of a red dot on the Ultimak with a light either.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a triangle on my Khyber but I wanted to do a solid on this. My current light setup is a VLTOR offset with a Fenix TK21 which is probably way too bright and I'm probably going to switch it for something a bit smaller with less lumens. I'm not really a fan of a red dot on the Ultimak with a light either.

I'd look into the Inforce 6VX. It has a 200 lumen high, 40 lumen low, strobe, and momentary/constant on. All of these features are programmable as well. If you want to turn one off or something like that. Plus it's super light weight. I was going to run one on my draco, but couldn't get it positioned the way i wanted. I'm going with their WML instead, which is one of my favorite lights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom