Favorite childhood bike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first bike was one my dad put together out of several parts bikes. He painted it all yellow and it even had a rear fender. There was no other bike that looked like it (in a good way). I wish I still had it, because there is no way to replace it.
This ^ With a little help from dad, resurrected an old bike.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My parents owned a bicycle shop when I was in my teens. They sponsored some kids that raced. I was fortunate enough to have the pick of the liter and decided on road racing. Oklahoma Freewheel was a fantastic option for an little old Okie like me.
My dad rode in freewheel for several years along with some of his buddies. He always looked forward to it. If I remember correctly, it was canceled last year. Hopefully, it gets going again this year.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't say it was a "favorite" as I only had one bike for my entire childhood, and I couldn't begin to come up with a name for it. All I remember was that it was a 26" bike, and I had to push it to a place to get a downhill run to get up on it when I first learned to ride it.

It's also the one that threw me in 1957 at a bad piece of sidewalk and broke my arm. Sure ruined most of my summer for swimming.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first, or at least the first one I can remember, and for sure my first new bike.
1975 Huffy Thunder Road exactly like this one.
Coolest guy in the neighborhood until my buddy got a Mongoose.

View attachment 435491
I'm so glad you posted this! I remember mine as being more black and orange and approximately 1980. I also remember saving up $85 to buy it.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one exactly like this one.....

1702181623922.png

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm so glad you posted this! I remember mine as being more black and orange and approximately 1980. I also remember saving up $85 to buy it.
I don't have a picture now but I remember mom had one of me when I got it for my birthday.
I had to Google a picture, but for sure mine was the yellow and black.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DON'T LAUGH!
download (56).jpeg

HEY! What did I just say?:laugh6:
Abused thee 'ol twig and berries a plenty on that seat horn and front frame bars. Not sure if it was my favorite since I grew into a schwinn world sport that I could really haul the mail on.
s-l1200.jpg

The 90psi in the tires blew my mind until I had a blowout in an alleyway between 2 buildings and nearly blew my eardrums.:yikes2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom