Favorite childhood bike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taking some trips down memory lane here, the year is 1998 and I set my eyes on this beast and had to have it. Parents came through for Christmas and it was the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER. This was my first "bike shop bike". I got into jumps and some basic "flatland" tricks and rode one of these EVERYWHERE. One weekend, was doing a barspin and being that it's more of a BMX bike than a trick bike, it didn't have a Gyro and it spun one too many times, got sideways and I ate the deck. Landed full weight on the front peg, ripped my leg open and to this day I have a scar that looks like a huge centipede all the way across my shin from them sewing it back up. My buddy said it looked like lasagna inside the peg and he got to clean it out as I took a ride to the emergency room. I still wanted to do tricks, so "upgraded" the next Christmas to a Haro. It was a cool bike, and "better", but the Dyno was always my favorite. To make the upgrade, I had to chip in which requires me to sell the Dyno and put it towards the Haro. Anywho, been wanting another and had been eyeballing one in Iowa on Marketplace for months....and took a detour on the way home from Thanksgiving and picked it up. I gotta find them, but when I sold my original, I kept the pegs from it...so they will get installed here and hung up in my "man cave".

Screenshot_20231208_213009_Facebook.jpg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went Dyno VFR to Haro Revo, then outgrew those type of bikes and got a GT Saddleback mountain bike. Got out of all that when I started driving, but later picked up a Giant XTC2 29er that I still have. It's amazing how much they changed in such a short period of time. Wouldnt surprise me if that 29er was lighter than the Haro was LOL.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now to cross hobbies...there's a Hot Wheels guy I've had some dealings with and know pretty well who I later found out was an icon in the early days of BMX/stunt riding. Come to find out, when he stopped doing tricks himself, he ran a stunt team and I saw them perform at the shop I got the Dyno and Haro from. Yall may have heard of him, Woody Itson. He was before my time, as I grew up watching Mirra and Nyquist, but I've learned he's kind of a legend.
I bought one of my most prized and expensive Hot Wheels from him. Oh and he still has his gold Hutch.

received_2099676916733695.jpeg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a huffy.
I could go faster than my friends and jump higher.

It was not the bike it was the fact if my muscles hurt I ignored them.
I did not care if I died in a jump. In fact that thought never crossed my mind.

It should have crossed my mind though because I wiped out/ate shat a lot :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Western Flyer 26” bike. Girls rode a 24”.
Had to replace a dozen front forks because they got bent after finding a berm at Garfield grade school where I could launch about 20’ in distance getting about 3’ of air time.
The practice served me well when graduating to MotoX and finally ATC racing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom