Monarch Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Sig eats Monarch 9mm with no complaints, but a friend of mine has a PX-4 that FTEs all the time with it. This is probably caused by a heavy slide/stiff recoil spring and light powder charge (Eastern European ammo manufacturers are known to load powder light to save money). Never had any FTF problems though.

okdkranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend came over with a 40 Taurus and had WWB and Monarch. They all went bang but the impact was way high compared to WWB. My battery was dead in the chrono so we could not check velocity, but I believe shooting high at 25 yards in a handgun means it is slower than the other. Somebody chime in if I am wrong.

okdkranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend came over with a new 40 Taurus and had WWB and Monarch. They all went bang but the impact was way high compared to WWB. My battery was dead in the chrono so we could not check velocity, but I believe shooting high at 25 yards in a handgun means it is slower than the other. Somebody chime in if I am wrong.

OKGlocker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot about 500 rounds of 9mm Monarch through my Glock 17 and my Glock 26 with no issues at all, but, as others pointed out WalMart has Federal for cheaper (if they have it)... YMMV

Karl

theonetrucheese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have shot .45acp and 9mm. no problems. the monarch steel is loaded to comparable standards as wolf ammo. and the brass is closer to Winchester white box or Remington umc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom