Still Taking Care of my Adult Kid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of my 3 kids, my youngest son and daughter still hunt, and when they were young, I set both of them up with Encores in 270 Win. My youngest son has had his since 2004, and the only ammo he’s ever shot is Winchester Supreme 140 grain Accubonds. My daughter’s rifle is set up to use the same ammo, and a couple years ago I bought a case of it for them.
I got a text last night from my son wanting to know what he could use as an alternative to the Winchester ammo, because he can’t find it for sale anywhere. I’m totally confused by this and ask him what’s up. Well evidently, he hadn’t paid attention to what he had on hand and is down to 4 rounds, and he’s going on a hunt to the TX panhandle the first weekend of November.
Dad to the rescue! I’m shipping him two boxes today and am happy to be able to help. :thumb:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why does he need more than 4 rounds? Is the limit more than that? 😂
Actually yes, the limit is more than that, but more than likely, he’s only going to shoot one buck. From past history, I seriously doubt he needs more than one round to kill something, but he’s been taught to recheck the scope zero before going hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom