Montana Elk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone hunted elk up there in the last 5-10 yrs? A group of us drew general big game combo licenses and now we need to figure out what permit areas to apply for and if we are unsuccessful on the permit drawing, we need to figure out the best areas to hunt with the general licenses. I did grow up in Eastern Montana but we mostly hunted elk out around Ennis in the Gravelly Range. However, I've heard the elk populations are not doing so good around there anymore, won't start a debate about why, so I'm thinking that's out. My dad and brothers hunt out in Eastern Montana now because that population has grown to the point that it's huntable but it's a drawing only area. I would love to bowhunt and that would make a drawing much easier but there are 5 of us and only 2 of us are bowhunters so you see the dilemma. Just looking for some advice if anyone's hunted up there recently.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never been up there. Are you using Eastons magazine? I think there are a couple others geared to that type hunting also. Good luck and take pics for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom