More bad news for Vaughan Foods/Fresh Creative Foods: Will close, 367 workers to lose jobs Dec 1.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now now... I don't know that that was exactly a smart a$$ comment...maybe tongue in cheek, sure, but this is OSA, you know you're gonna get it if you open up your guard in the least, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve heard that about this place..........I had to join AHA this week .........lol

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess you missed the first sentence in the first paragraph in the OP link? :scratch: :wink2:
www.reactiongifs.com_r_2013_05_didnt_read.gif

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crappy timing, announcing the same day as the ruling. For what its worth, Mark Vaughan is my uncle. He left the company more than a year ago, as he was still with the company till then, though he sold it years ago. Vaughan Foods had been in business for decades, and had endured many "cycles". I haven't had a chance to talk to him about this, but I believe he was unaware of the announcement as well.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crappy timing, announcing the same day as the ruling. For what its worth, Mark Vaughan is my uncle. He left the company more than a year ago, as he was still with the company till then, though he sold it years ago. Vaughan Foods had been in business for decades, and had endured many "cycles". I haven't had a chance to talk to him about this, but I believe he was unaware of the announcement as well.

I am pretty sure Reser’s fine foods bought up the competition, just to get them out of the way, I would bet money that hey sold with an agreeemnf that it would remain in operation for a minimum of X numbers of years. I would also bet that X number ended a few days ago. Reser’s is a pretty big player and with the new plant in Topeka, KS it made little sense to keep it open any longer then required. It’s sad though, Oklahoma has relatively little food production and losing Vaughn kind of sucks. This all just speculation, of course

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am pretty sure Reser’s fine foods bought up the competition, just to get them out of the way, I would bet money that hey sold with an agreeemnf that it would remain in operation for a minimum of X numbers of years. I would also bet that X number ended a few days ago. Reser’s is a pretty big player and with the new plant in Topeka, KS it made little sense to keep it open any longer then required. It’s sad though, Oklahoma has relatively little food production and losing Vaughn kind of sucks. This all just speculation, of course
I know his contract as COO would have been up this year, not sure about the plant itself. I think he left with time on his contract because he wasnt happy and he had other businesses, in public safety and food production that he would rather try to grow. I havent spoke to him in a few days, but my aunt and mom didnt know of the closing as of this morning.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know his contract as COO would have been up this year, not sure about the plant itself. I think he left with time on his contract because he wasnt happy and he had other businesses, in public safety and food production that he would rather try to grow. I havent spoke to him in a few days, but my aunt and mom didnt know of the closing as of this morning.

Lol well let me know where is other food production company is .......

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now now... I don't know that that was exactly a smart a$$ comment...maybe tongue in cheek, sure, but this is OSA, you know you're gonna get it if you open up your guard in the least, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I know. See it all the time. Just didn't like the unhelpful response. You on the other had were helpful. So, thank you sir.

Latest posts

Top Bottom