Video shows Muskogee officer shooting knife-wielding man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a taser would have been enough. That's easy for me to say sitting in my recliner at home and not a cop dealing with a nut with a knife.

I've got to disagree. Very, very rarely does knife = taser. Knife equals lethal force, so gun.

Good shoot and shooting. Suspect was given numerous chances to comply and failed to do so. I personally would have given more distance as cover from the suspect, but all's well than ends well. The man is very lucky to have survived.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got to disagree. Very, very rarely does knife = taser. Knife equals lethal force, so gun.

Good shoot and shooting. Suspect was given numerous chances to comply and failed to do so. I personally would have given more distance as cover from the suspect, but all's well than ends well. The man is very lucky to have survived.
That was a dumb thing for me (a civilian) to say. Not having to face that situation, I have no level of expertise or training, to really comment.
I hold LEO's in high regard and thank those that protect and serve.

Youngers Bend

Marksman
Reaction score
It's been demonstrated many times that a person can cover 21 feet and stab an officer before he can draw his weapon. True the officer's gun was drawn, but he appeared to be closer than 21 ft. A big sharp knife like that is guaranteed to destroy more tissue than three pistol rounds. Butchers don't use pistols to dissemble 1000 pound steers, but a 5 inch sharp blade does it quite nicely.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In almost every instance that I have ever watched, there was more than one officer at the scene when they tased the perp. That way if the taser didn't take the offender down there was back-up firearms to deal with him and the situation. IIRC, the link below was about the only time that I recall an officer doing a solo tase on the offender. As you can see, even he wasn't completely down for the count after being tased twice. Since this happened inside a McDonald's restaurant, IMHO the taser was preferable to using a firearm:

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/...h-fries-but-he-got-fries.242401/#post-2980882

Latest posts

Top Bottom