OSBI investigation requested for Chickasha grade tampering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot comment accurately on how Standardized Testing is handled in New York Schools at this time. But, in the 1960s and before, the New York State Department of Education annually tested all students in Academic Classes (English, Social Studies, All Sciences, All Mathematics, and Foreign Languages) in New York State Regents Examinations.

Regents Testing provided a measurement of performance for both students and teachers. These exams were comprehensive and could be three or four hours long. They covered all requirements for each subject. No calculators were allowed. Proctors snuck around and discouraged cheating.

Passing marks on Regents Exams were required for Regents Diplomas that were prerequisite for College Applications. Students as well as Teachers were fearful of these exams because they were also used to measure Teacher Performance. If too many students failed, a Teacher was in jeopardy of dismissal.

All Regents Exams were delivered and kept locked in approved safes in bundles until opened and they were all opened throughout the state at the same time. No makeup exams were allowed. Kids that ‘didn’t take exams well’ didn’t do well. That was life. There wasn’t all the nonsense about Participation, Homework and Special Assignments to pass kids that didn’t know the work. I believe it was a good system...,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom