More Cats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
An old man showed me how he skinned cats (the fish) years ago. He'd cut thru the skin around the head, drive a nail thru the head into a tree to anchor it, then pull the skin off with a pair of pliers.
I saw a few folks in Korea (at the market) do that with eels, worked like a charm. Never thought to try it with cats. Thanks for the memory jog!!

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice haul. :drunk2:

An old man showed me how he skinned cats (the fish) years ago. He'd cut thru the skin around the head, drive a nail thru the head into a tree to anchor it, then pull the skin off with a pair of pliers.

He made a pretty quick job of it. :D
That's what I do with an old shelf. Use is as a cleaning board and nail their head to it

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you nail them to a tree or shelf, be sure to cut the tails off if still alive or at the lake on the stringer. You will be amazed at how much blood comes out and how much doesn't appear in the bowl of water you put the fillets in. Let their hearts pump it out.
There are some that use an air needle to inject air under the skin to blow it off the meat. YouTube video's available.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some that use an air needle to inject air under the skin to blow it off the meat. YouTube video's available.
A guy told me he and some friends once skinned a goat that way. Hung it up by its back legs (alive), cut a small slit in a foreleg, clamped a valve stem under the skin, and aired the goat up like a balloon before they slit its throat.

Not exactly my cup of tea...

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy told me he and some friends once skinned a goat that way. Hung it up by its back legs (alive), cut a small slit in a foreleg, clamped a valve stem under the skin, and aired the goat up like a balloon before they slit its throat.

Not exactly my cup of tea...
I'd imagine the goat's screams could be heard for miles.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody who would do that needs a bullet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom