More Consequences of The "War On Drugs"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if total legalization is the way to go, but things like this are absurd. The officers should be ashamed of themselves. I think people should look up in the chain of command to find the root cause of this childish "turf war" mentality.

On the lighter side this is almost exactly like the movie "Super Troopers".

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No matter how bad or frequent instances like this get we will never see the end of the war on drugs. It's all about money at this point, Too many peoples salaries, agency's funding, and industry has grown around it for it to ever end. Whats worse the longer it continues the more rights politicians are going to be able to convince the masses into surrendering for their "own safety". The sad thing is that when this happens the victims are often too poor to fight it in court, so the chances of it ever being stopped are slim.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not only just the departments in turf wars over the money, but the money itself being confiscated from people just because these groups just suspect it could be from drug profits. Since when is it unlawful for citizens to carry a large amount of cash? And officers can be fired if they don't bring in enough money? This country's getting bat**** crazy.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I worked for a huge information systems company. We were tasked with installing a new computer network at a police department that patrolled very specific parts of the highway back home. This was along I-95 and you can imagine how much drugs went up that road.

I was in a meeting where a Major was making comments how he had pretty much an unlimited budget due to the proceeds from the drug arrests and confiscation of cash.

He further went on to imply that his officers worked very had to get that money. The way he said all of that made me more than a little disgusted. Almost as if it were just a giant game and all was fair.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a doper. I do however think this 'war' on drugs is a war we are losing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom