More Drones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last drone thread was locked, keep it civil. I know some people don't see a big problem with drone use in the US but I and many others do. Some will chime in and say I am paranoid, delusional, and "it's all part of the plan." What's wrong with drone use after all if it keeps us safer? ha ha. JB will chime in and invite to his camp even though he knows I will never be in his camp. That's all fine, I just wanted to inform of these recent stories so everyone is aware, do with it as you wish...

I just want to point out more stories about drones being used in the US. Drones that were developed for military use, not civilian police use.

Drones tracking vehicles in US during training mission:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/magazine/the-drone-zone.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all
Excerpt:
Holloman sits on almost 60,000 acres of desert badlands, near jagged hills that are frosted with snow for several months of the year — a perfect training ground for pilots who will fly Predators and Reapers over the similarly hostile terrain of Afghanistan. When I visited the base earlier this year with a small group of reporters, we were taken into a command post where a large flat-screen television was broadcasting a video feed from a drone flying overhead. It took a few seconds to figure out exactly what we were looking at. A white S.U.V. traveling along a highway adjacent to the base came into the cross hairs in the center of the screen and was tracked as it headed south along the desert road. When the S.U.V. drove out of the picture, the drone began following another car.

“Wait, you guys practice tracking enemies by using civilian cars?” a reporter asked. One Air Force officer responded that this was only a training mission, and then the group was quickly hustled out of the room.

Drone spotted over journalist's home
http://www.infowars.com/spy-drone-buzzes-journalists-secluded-home/
Excerpt:
“I’m taking my dog for a walk and guess what I see right over the tree line right above my head is a drone,” said Farah, adding that the drone was low in the sky and sounded like a lawnmower.
“I don’t live in the city, I don’t live in a populated area, I live in one of the most rural places you could possibly live in Northern Virginia and there could only be one thing that this drone was spying on and that would be me, that would be my property because there’s just nothing else around except woods and deer,” said Farah.

Virginia governor and DC police chief advocates use of spy drones over Virginia:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamespo...-drones-says-virginia-governor-bob-mcdonnell/
Excerpt:
Police drones flying over Virginia would be “great” and “the right thing to do” for the same reasons they are so effective in a battlefield environment, the state’s chief executive said Tuesday.

Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel, says he is open to any technology that makes law enforcement more productive. The use of drones, which was recently endorsed by the police chiefs of Fairfax County and D.C., would make better use of valuable police resources.

Increased safety and reduced manpower are among the reasons the U.S. military and intelligence community use drones on the battlefield, which is why it should be considered in Virginia, he says.

It's just to keep us safe, don't worry.:pms2:

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to go out and buy an RC plane. Put a larger engine in it and bigger battery capacity. Install a camera use it to fly it. Them take a 20ga barrel and receiver off a semiauto shotgun and install in the "cockpit". Then what ya do is get about 1000 ft above one of them drones , turn off your engine, and dive on that sucker. You see that way the shotgun could fire with a locked propeller.

I'd call it the Dedrone 1000

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thusday on Hannity he had the founder of Drone U on talking about the classes he runs to train new engingers and civic oprators of drones, he could not quite see why folks would have their pantie in a knot over the local cops flying drones over their homes if they are not bad guys. He can see every PD having a FLEET of drones and all the good things they can do -- finding lost kids, catching bad guys , but could not see why folks would question air brone wire tapping , IR/chem scans of homes/business-----Hello 1984 / Brave New World !!!

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's terrible how many rights we've just abandoned, especially since the towers fell. people don't assert their rights, and they become memories. the world is becoming more and more an orwellian nightmare...

the TSA violates the 4th amendment rights of every major airport in the u.s., and the 5th amendment rights of every passenger. all in the name of public safety, while being completely ineffective in protecting us.
giving the government authority to use drones against people seems like the next logical step...

people are paying good money to be watched. hell, lowe's just launched a "smart home" service/product line called iris. with iris, you can moniter your house from anywhere in the world, adjust the thermostat, turn lights on and off, with plans to add door and window remote locking/unlocking capabilities...
it can send you a text when your children get home from school. freaks me right out. if your house can send texts, who's to say it's only texting you? if you can remote operate your home's functions, who else can?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh no! You mean the military is focusing the cameras of unarmed drones on passing civilian cars! Tyranny! We need to petition the Supreme Court to stop this violation of the Constitution....err...wait...not sure which part of the Constitution that violates....nevermind.

I swear, sometimes this crap makes me giggle. I also got a giggle out of the comment from Farah about 'rural' Northern Virginia....anyone who's been to the NOVA area knows it nothing but rural. It sports he highest population density in the Washington D.C. area and it's jam packed with subdivisions, housing tracks, townhomes, highways (interstate and state) etc....

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in. I can build one with programmable autopilot and a fully controllable, 3 axis live feed camera for about $2k. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Latest posts

Top Bottom